1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got the dump box installed-what do you think?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bazook, Nov 4, 2009.

1. bazook

bazook Junior Member

Got this dump kit off of ebay from able trailer. 3 ton hoist, but the truck will only haul 1 1/2 tons. Had some stone in it and it worked very well. Took about 8 hours to install. So far the only complaint I have is the support cable that supports the rear of the lift arm when it is in the down position looks to be real cheap, like something you would tie you dog up with. I can see I will be replacing that soon.ussmileyflag

oh almost forgot the vid...
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Pretty Sweet. I like it.
  3. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

looks good.....nice truck too and its the right color:drinkup:
  4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good. Nice truck also.
  5. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

looks awsome. did u have to remove ur bumper? i know some kits u need to. also what did u do with ur fuel filler necks? just scrap em and fill at the top of tank with the bed up?
  6. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I have seen those for sale in the past, please post any issues you have with more use. It looks really slick though.
  7. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

Got any pics of the install?
  8. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Very nice. Beats shoveling stuff out of the bed.
  9. bazook

bazook Junior Member

Sorry no picks of the install, was in a hurry to get it set up, went alot quicker then i thought it would. Bumper is welded to dump frame. Yes I did have to cut the filler necks, and you do have to raise the box to fuel, but it keeps anybody from stealing your gas.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  10. Black01Z

Black01Z Member
    from VT

Wow that raises fast for electric. Looks good
  11. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Cool. I was just looking at those yesterday on ebay. Cheaper than Northern supply.

What happens if you have a hitch? Any rear views of your truck?
  12. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

what happens if you need gass with the bed full? It does look slick, I like it!
  13. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Wireless remote.........Cool!
  14. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I looked at a truck last year with a dump bed and it was really flimsy. The bed moved all over the place.

How solid is your bed on the rails of the lift.
  15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Nice looking truck. I never really cared for those because your putting the weight in your box and you will eventually just wreck your box. But it looks cool tho. Let me know how it works out for you.
  16. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I'd also like to know about the trailer hitch situation. Ive only seen 1 kit that still offers to keep the factory hitch.
  17. bazook

bazook Junior Member

In the down position, it will bounce (box may move 1-2") over railroad tracks and large pot holes. In the up position it does not move side to side, but then again i welded the hell out of the hindge, and have spread dumped with the box up--no problems YET!
  18. bazook

bazook Junior Member

I removed the base (part where you would screw in a trailer ball in a factory bumper)for my step bumper, then welded the bumper to the frame, put a hindge on the license plate so when you raise the box it tilts out of the way and clears my trailer hitch. was able to keep the hitch and bumper.