1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got the Boss on...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VBigFord20, Sep 17, 2007.

1. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

... and I hope it snows a ton...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My plowing buddy:waving:
    [​IMG]

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks good. You don't plow with those rims on do you? Are they Pro-Comps?

3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice setup this that steel or poly?

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I love that body style. If I had a use for a 150 Id be all over it!

It looks nice and those are the perfect wheels for the truck!

5. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Procomp wheels and PC Xtreme ATs. Yes I will plow with them on because A. I am stupid, B. to cheep to buy another set of tires for the stock wheels, and C. I'm to lazy to swap them out anyways.:rolleyes:

The plow is a 7.6 poly sport and it is real light! About 550lbs installed. The truck only sags about an inch or so when lifted which I think is real good.

I got sick of plowing with a old POS 86 s-10 with a meyers. Since that truck needed well over 2k to get it drive able I just went ahead and put a plow on this truck. For my 3 apartment buildings, my house, few friends and maybe my friends store I'm going to be doing, I feel it will work out fine.

First impressions of the new boss, damn this plow is fast! Makes me wonder why I stuck with a old POS for so long.

Now wheres the snow?

6. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

looks real good...but we need to hold off on that snow for a hot min...i still have to get my stuff out of storage and fix an electric problem, and then we can get some snow...but i love the red with the black...real hot

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I really like that set up. Put that blade on an F150 short bed and you'd have one sweet driveway rig. Good luck with this winter :drinkup:

8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

vbig, nice plow and truck :) Im undecided about the steel vs poly still for my 03 F150 shortbed ex cab. Is the poly a lot lighter on the half ton truck? nice setup

9. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Complete installed weight is around 550lbs. Truck only squats about an inch when the plow is lifted.

10. DeereFarmer

Let me know how those rims hold up in the winter. They'd look sweet on my red Dakota.

11. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

They have been on there over a year now with no problems. Granted last winter I did not have a plow but the truck was still totally covered in salt from the roads.

12. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah thats pretty light, id probably go with the same setup for the 03 f150. I know some of the 8 and 9 ft V plows in steel are almost 1k for the super duty,

13. DeereFarmer

Good to know. Thanks man!:drinkup: