1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got Stuck Doing Volunteer Work For Elderly

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by horizon jay, Feb 8, 2014.

1. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

I was out doing some volunteer work and got stuck in a ditch. On the LAST push of course. I had never been there before or I would have stayed back, waaay back lol. Turns out its a straight drop off at the edge of the drive. I took some pics just for fun. Had to have my buddy come and pull me out. Its sitting on the frame rail. All in all doing the volunteer work felt good. (although at this point I was like im doing this for free... $&^#). It took a couple hrs and some gas but all the older people I talked to were very thankful. After the enormous amount of snow we have received this year, it felt good to give back. Your community probably has a similar program. Ours is NLFW.com

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg
  2. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Who cares, you were doing something nice! Nice to see people giving back.
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Even the most hardened experienced plowers get stuck every now and then...I got off a drive the other day that I've been doing for 15+years, dropped my phone in the snow (while trying to shovel it out for 25 min), had to use the customers phone to call a tow.. walked back to the truck to sulk and she pulled right out. Had to cancel the tow. Keeps you humble....
  4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

that happens to me I get stuck doing the free ones or something breaks
  5. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

It’s always the free ones. I plowed my girl’s neighbors driveway on Friday night because her old man was in the hospital with pneumonia. I found every low hanging and untrimmed pine tree branch with the passenger side of my truck.:cry: Cars fit in this driveway great, ford f350 plow truck not so much. Oh well comes with the territory.
  6. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I did my neighbors drive she has a bad back not working and her husband passed away 8 months ago last week I clean her drive tight quarters ripped off my fender flare that was only 4 moths old however it was my fault and I'm OK with that as she told me she's got to move because of no money car ma is a good thing to have we all my be in that boat someday
  7. Ccl

Ccl Junior Member
    from Mn

Volunteer work. That is what it is all about. Seems they are the ones who appreciate what we do
  8. lawns4life

lawns4life Member
    from mi

My buddy asked me to plow his mom's house the other day, and I said sure, I'll be driving by there at the end of my route anyway. I ended backing up the driveway and ripping my passenger side mirror off because it was so tight and I was on the phone. Bad stuff always happens when you're not getting paid.