1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got screwed by my extended warranty

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dhadaway632, Dec 22, 2008.

1. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

Hope all is well with you all , and hopefully it will be a Christmas without a blizzard! Alright, here is my dilemma.

I bought 2 2004 GMC 2500HD from Century Buick(bought my leases out) a year or so ago. I bought the extended warranties that were offered to me by their sales manager guy. All was well. I have had small issues with the trucks since then and took them in and had work done on them. Last week not one but both of the Transmissions went out on the trucks during plowing. Well, I have the extended bumper to bumper warranties that I bought and I took one of the trucks in to get it fixed and AUL ( the warranty company) sent out an adjuster to look at the truck and noted that they were commercial vehicles and said that they were not covered in by their policy. Apparently in one of the for pages of fine print, Commercial vehicles and Plow vehicles are not covered by the extended warranties. I can understand them standing by there policy, but shouldn't Century Buick(now COLE CENTURY) be held to some liability in screwing this thing up. Now I have a $4000.00 transmission that I have had had them put in that they are not going to cover. AUL is going to refund my bank loan company for the policies which amount to about $4000.00, leaving me with nothing to try to get these trucks fixed. They knew these truck were commercial vehicles and they sold me a policy that does not cover commercial vehicles. It is almost like they know that they can get away with the small stuff and make the money on the repairs until there is a large claim and an adjuster comes out and then they screw the customer. I would be interested to see how often this happens.
    :realmad:

2. michdeere

michdeere Member

I had warranty issue with Century a few years back. PCM in my '96 Chev. took a dump and stranded me in Kazoo. Truck had 100k warranty on the engine. I called Chevy dealers all around town, but all the diesel techs were out of state for schooling. I called Century Buick GMC, explained my problem, and told them what I was driving. They said no problem, have it towed here our diesel guy can fix it. I had it towed there. They fixed it in about 2 hours, then told me they couldn't do it under warranty because the truck was a Chevrolet and they were GMC dealers. WTF? I wrote them a check, left with my truck, then called the bank and stopped payment on the check. (cost me $15, but well worth it) I called the dealer where I bought the truck in Marshall and they got it all worked out with GM in about 2 days. All it cost was the price of the stopped check. I won't be going back to Century for anything anytine soon...

3. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Your dealer in Marshall wasn't Caron by any chance, was it? That's one of the dealers I cover.

4. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

I have bought at least four trucks from themin the past six years. This is how they treat their customers?? I have heard many stories of people getting screwed by them in their service department.

5. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

I bought the GMPP warranty for my 05 HD. It cost me $1800 for 3yr 36000 miles and I can take it to any GM dealer in the country. It covers everything except the plow. As long as you have the plow prep code and you paid the extra $200 surecharge to cover the truck if used for plowing then you should be fine. My dealer is Ron Marhofer in Stow and have not had a problem with them yet. I didn't even buy the truck there.

6. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I don't work with Centruy, but I do work with Caron and they seem pretty good. I haven't worked with them for long, but it doesn't sound like you have an issue with them. I actually work with another Cole dealer too, but not the one you were at. This sounds like something to take up with the sales side as they're the ones that sold you the warranty.

7. michdeere

michdeere Member

Yes. Great folks to work with.