1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got rid of the ford and got a dodge

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stcroixjoe, Jan 31, 2009.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

traded in the old ford and got a dodge diesel 2500 im going to put a 8' stainless fisher x blade on it this week

2. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

forgot the pics

3.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

3. mreamer

mreamer Member

Truck looks great! Be sure to post some pics after the plow is installed.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

who is installing the new plow and what are you getting it for? truck looks great...

5. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

im doing the install the plow is 7 months old 30 mins. of use 3400 with everything

6. mikeyfff1011

mikeyfff1011 Member

sweet truck gonna look sweet with the xblade good luck to you

7. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

nice, last pic is kinda small lol

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not a huge Dodge fan but that is a pretty decent looking truck you have there ;)

9. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I hope your Dodge CTD treats you better than mine!! Mines leaving this week for a new GMC.

10. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

awesome truck....i have the exact one except mine has newer style headlights because its a 2006 and a long bed
    you will love the power of the Cummins...is that the standard output or High Output?

11. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Nice!
    I have a 2007 Ram with a Fisher.....love it!

12. tiredofsnow

tiredofsnow Junior Member
    from ontario

What size is your V on your Dodge

13. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thats a sharp looking truck. Gotta love the black......when its clean. :nod:

14. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

8.5' on a 3500 diesel

15. tiredofsnow

tiredofsnow Junior Member
    from ontario

Your Dodge probably dosen't even feel the weight of the plow. Last year we bought a new f350 Ford diesal with a 9.5 extreme V and it handles very well. Our next purchase will be a Dodge. This new Ford has serious issues recalls galore. Thank god its a lease. Enjoy your truck and V.

16. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Joe, the truck looks nice!!!! What made you get rid of the Ford?? If you have to get any parts for that Fisher, Carneige Body here in Painesville has Fisher plows. Actually I think they are about the only dealer in the area for Fishers.

17. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

Very true!
    We have a bunch of 1500 and 2500 GM's (8 in total) with 7' Artic plows on them. They handel not to great IMO. The Dodge is awesome from a handling point of view. The longer wheel base helps for sure to counterbalance the blade but is a disadvantage in tight spaces. I just stay in the industrial sites :)
    Have a 2 yard spreader going on her tomorrow.....

18. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

it was burning just as much oil as gas and plus i backed into a pole and smahed up the back i put the x blade on the other day notice whats in the lower left corner in the last pic???

3b1.jpg

wwww.jpg

19. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

FLUID FILM!!! lol what are u spraying that on to its a stainless blade u just spraying the headgear and the A frame

20. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks good joe I see you got the light harness for the truck. Did you sell the tires and rims today?