1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got Poofed.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Merc1100sc, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Just wondering why my Big Nate thread got poofed. I must have missed something...... :confused:

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I was wondering likewise....last time I checked in there wasn't anything terribly wrong said that warranted a total deletion. Not in my eyes anyway. I think those of us that tried to contribute constructively to the thread deserve an explanation, Merc included.
    I saw an apology from one member who was suspended yesterday, however due to his suspension, he cannot be reached for an explanation as to what happened.
    It took a little courage for me to open up and share personal information about myself, in order to try and help others understand the possible reasons for the difficulty in getting a response from the dealer. The same tolerance, acceptance and forgiveness that I was suggesting be extended to Nate should be extended to those of us who were discussing an important issue.
    We can complain about customer problems, posers, other service personnel, vehicle manufacturers, the general public on the road, even our brave military members fighting for freedom around the world, all day long; but try and discuss a colleague's questionable behavior and this is what we get. It would seem that some people are getting preferential treatment here. If this is the case please remove me from the membership.

3. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Very well put......
    Almost makes you wonder if some on here are friends w/ Nate and deleting threads to protect his interests and unprofessional business conduct...

4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Merc, there are only 2 people here that can delete threads. Jodi and Sean. I am a friend of Big Nate. While I don't agree with what is happening to you guys, I can't rightly sit back and let you guys bash him in an open forum such as this.

Me and Jason (The Boss) will try to get ahold of him. In the meantime, try to settle down and chill out.

5. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

I may be wrong; it just seems that so many members on here praise him... I dont want to hurt the guys rep, i just want my money back... I'm willing to sit here idle if someone that knows him well can contact him..

Thanks,
    Chris

6. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

But that's exactly what you are doing... Ruining his rep. I am not praising him. Nor am I complaining about him. I understand your frustrations and will do whatever I can to help out.

7. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

As I stated in the actual thread, my intentions were not to ruin his repuatation; but to get him to listen and respond. I've exhausted every other means of contacting him short of driving to his house. There's no excuse for blowing off a customer for over a month.

8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I agree with you 100%, he took your money and you need to get it back. Either with product or a refund. Business is business its not a matter of whether Nate is a good guy or not. Call your credit card comapany and let them deal with it thats the best way to handle it now. You've tried to handle it with comunication but thats takes two willing parties.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  9. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I think the reason the thread got removed is the mods got tired of people taking shots at each other over a problem that can't be solved here.

Merc, I know your transaction with Big Nate didn't work out for whatever reason, and I'd be ticked as well. But I know you have brought this situation to the boards more then once and quite frankly, IMO the way you've approached the problem is not helping matters...you still don't have your money back and it's led to finger pointing and stuff we don't need here. You say you want Big Nate to deal with this in a professional manner, maybe you could do the same. I know you filed your claim with Pay Pal, just leave it at that and let them handle it.

Again, I know your situation sucks and hasn't been handled in a very professional manner, but after seeing some of the posts you've made regarding this matter IMO I don't feel they were very professional either.

Good luck and hope Pay Pal can recover your money quickly.

Buck

10. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Already did.. I used paypal. Unfortunately it isnt that simple.. THey have to investigate, and contact the other party, etc, etc.. U'd think without him providing proof of shipment I'd win the dispute no problem.. I'll have to see what pans out, but, doesn't seem too promising.
    I'll sit back and hope this catches his eye, or someone that knows him gives him a heads up.....

11. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

FYI, I personally talked to Nate last night. Like I said before, the guy's having some serious problems though. He did say that he's trying to get things done right so give him a break, atleast he's trying. By the way, his computer crashed.

12. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

What kind of serious problems?

13. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

What does reputation matter at a time like this? It's not good to send people to him for business at the moment, if he's not doing business. Understand this in a non-rude way. I'm saying, people can't say "go to big nate". I don't think he would appreciate that since he's having a hard time with something, and can't do business for whatever reasons. Just an opinion.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  14. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

There you go again, running your mouth where it doesn't belong. Will you ever learn? Nate brought your name up as well.

15. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I bet he has been sneaking in here and viewing whats going on. I know he has more than one screen name too.

Jody,

Can you please check and see if Nate's I.P. address has loged onto Plowsite lately?

16. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

That's a wonderful excuse to not come here. But if you check earlier discussions, I never dissed him. I stated the truth, and even defended him at one point. Remember when people were threatening him? :rolleyes:

Really wish you'd stop replying to me, deliberetly, just to piss me off. :nod: Some guys never grow up.

17. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

Last winter I did'nt know about plowsite and during the day I'd watch soaps and talk shows. This winter this site has provided me with all the B.S., drama and excitement I need. Its almost like being in high school again.

18. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

LMAO, if you think this site is entertaining, you should go over to Lawnsite. Read some of the Bobbygedd threads over there. :dizzy:

19. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

LMAO :D :D :D

20. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Well, once again I'll give Nate the benefit of the doubt.. The Boss stated he spoke w/ him, so, I'll give him another 2 weeks to try and make things right b4 I bring this up again.

As far as gossip goes.. That often makes this stuff fun.. .IMO.
    Does anyone remember the post a while back about the town bully that would beat on those who stole his accounts. That was quite humerous...