1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got Polar Tracks! 864 is like a brand new machine!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mike S, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Finnaly got a set! I got them from Midwest Equipment, the price was amazing and took them under an hour to instal. We have not had any snow since I got them but i did try them out in the pile and areas in parking lots that dont get plowed. I tested them before and after, with a 10 foot pusher and the 100 inch snow bucket. I also compared it to a JD250 with the same attachments just so I had something to compare it to. Before; 864 work ok not great, 250 worked really good. 864 worked best with the bucket and you had trouble turning with the pusher filled up. After; in this situation the 864 did better in all tests then the 250! Take note that most of the snow I was in for the test was ice. Either way i have never seen my 864 move some of the piles like it did with the polar tracks!

polar1.JPG

polar2.JPG

polar3.JPG

polar4.JPG

polar5.JPG

2. Mike S

This last pic was really cool and yes its pushing that pile! I got out and took the pic and went back to the machine to see if i could get it moving again and it had no problem getting started again. I thought it wouldnt.

polar6.JPG

3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

nice, i have heard good things about those tracks. once you get a ctl with polar tracks or an mtl you'll never go back to a wheeled skid again. that is unless you get wolfpaws i guess lol.

4. Mike S

Ya the mtls and wolf paws work good too! You just would not believe the difference between block pattern and the polar. There already was a huge difference between the C track and the block. The block was way better! DEATH TO C TRACK! The polar tread is just a really smooth ride! I had to go with the 12 inch wide tracks becuase they only that the only size they make for my machine. I wanted the 17 inch.... Oh well they work really good!

5. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

I've been looking in to these myself. Glad to hear good things about them. What did you get for a price?

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thats great Mike! I have been very happy with mine.....I got about 7 or 8 hrs of seat time in ours this last storm....the polar tracks make it a beast.wesport

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Do you or should you swap back to the original tracks for off winter use?

8. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

its actually probably better that you went with the narrower track = more psi = better traction on the slick surfaces.

9. Mike S

Midwest Equipment had the best price i could find, just under $2000. Bobcat wanted about $4000.

10. Mike S

Agree 100%!!!! Its like a new machine!!!!

11. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Under $2000 apiece I'm assuming ?

12. Mike S

I will just because im going to try to get the most life out of them. I also want to do that because my other tracks are 18 inches wide and are a must have for the summer.

13. Mike S

Nope thats total!!!!

14. Mike S

Ya thats what I was thinking also.

15. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thats one hell of a deal!

16. Mike S

Yes it is!!!! They bought over a hundered sets of them in the fall. I posted some picture of them all stacked up at Midwests shop. They actually have every size in stock.

17. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

I requested a quote. I'll let yea know how I turn out.

18. Mike S

From Midwest Equipment? Let me know what price you get.

19. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

They quoted me $3724 for 450 x 56 x 86 size track. They are a little high.
    What size are you running?

20. Mike S

is that delivered? I will check on that tomorrow for you