1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got one contract and then got 2 more from it.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ScnicExcellence, Sep 21, 2008.

1. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

so as it says today i got a contract for a drive way and i quoted their parents house got that and then the brother in law i got as well. All three are at 35 per push they pay a minimum of 2 times per month for 5 months starting novemeber 1st to april first. They pay deposit of this minimum as well.

I think with my way of contracting for snow plowing 2 time min a month is a good way to stay safe for myself to budget and also it keeps me safe in case it snows ten time i still get payed for everytime.

I got a 2 inch trigger on the drives and i will be doing a small walk on each one.

One thing i am worried about now is i need at least a minimum of 25 driveways to budget the year off of the 2 times per month, i obviously know there will be more then that per month. One guy i was talking to in my area said they had 34 plowable events here in kitcheener ontario last year. at that amount i will do good for the winter i would say. Now i am planning on 27 plowable events this year at minimum.

What i am worried about is getting more contracts to go along with what i have, How would anybody suggest to me to get the rest of the drives in the area i am in. I have so far just been putting my business card on their door witht he per event price on it, haven't had any response yet. How should i go about trying to get the rest of the needed contracts?

If i don't get them i have been offered $60 an hour from another company to sub for them.

2. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

knock right on there doors in the area that you working and hand them a flyer. just say" we wanted to let you know we are working in your area doing snow plowing. if your interested there is some information listed on the flyer, and we do offer group discount as well for you and your neighbors."
    if they are interested theyll starts talking to you about it right then and there if not there will at least have your info, and you planted the seed in there head.

put in your flyer that they make a great christmas gift, and keeps them warm and safe inside the house while your out working in the cold hard winter. lol