1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got offered a sub position

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by donaldderby, Jul 4, 2012.

1. donaldderby

donaldderby Junior Member

Hey y'all i got offered a sub position with my truck by the guy who handles the plowing for my mobile home co-op. I'm not new to the game but i have been out of it for about four years. My pistons are still shiny with no pitting my pumps been rebuilt and all of my lines are good. My trucks in top shape (a 1978 f250 4x4 c6 with 460 big block) Now i know that plowing season is a few months away but is there anything else i should check, aside from insurance coverage, that I am forgetting about. Thanks ahead of time. And to answer the question of what setup I;m running i have the fisher set up that the truck left the dealership with in 78 its old but well maintained and does not fail me. Thanks again for the help.

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

460 big block .... sounds like fun ... LOL !!!!

3. donaldderby

Its over kill i know but i have better luck reliability wise with the big blocks over the small blocks not pretty but shes solid
    [​IMG]

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I know you said the truck is in good shape, but I'd give it a good looking over, It's the small stuff that comes back to bite you in the butt wireing hose's belts ect ect, all the stuff you think won't give you crap will. If you are going to be doing lots of backing up I would take the topper off to see backing up better. JMO

5. donaldderby

Belts, hoses, and wiring are all new. Thanks for those suggestions though as far as backing up goes i have had caps on every truck i've ever owned. its gotten to the point that backing up in a truck without em throws me off. Thanks again.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Crawl underneath and look at just about everything you can. Bolts, crossmembers, brackets, rivets..etc.... Again its the little stuff that will get you. Fluids ok? How's the brakes? And leaks? Noises? Properly lubed? Batt(s) ok? Alt ok? Main wiring? Are the batt cables ok? How's the batt cable ends? Has trans been gone threw? Etc etc etc