1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got new spreader for

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jcfeder, Nov 30, 2002.

1. jcfeder

jcfeder Junior Member
    from neb

went to action today and was in need for salt spreader and got a new polaris seeder/spreader for $160.00 I think that was good price has any one used one? If so how good does it work for baged deicer? It sure fits nice on my 400 xplorer 2001.:drinkup:

2. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

for harry homeowner that spreader should work fine but for commercial applications i dont think it will last very long. that unit probably doesnt have a variable speed control on it so its either on or off, and when its on its spreading material 20-30' wide. for parking lots it may work but on sidewalks you will have to rig up some sort of side shileds to keep the material on the walk and not in the grass. i bought one of the less expensive spreaders that cabelas sells and it now hangs in the garage. pretty much worthless for spreading rock salt. another thing make sure you wash all metal parts when finished with it or the salt will destroy it. ive since mounted a curtis spreader on my grizz, much heavier built for commercial applications, i have pictures of it in the "my photos" below. good luck.