1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got new Sno Way today!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by integrityman, Oct 14, 2009.

1. integrityman

integrityman Member

I am a relative newbie to this forum, spending most of my time on Lawnsite.....

Received my new Snoway 26 series poly blade today. $3800 installed. Hoping for snow soon!!!!:):)
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  2. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

Welcome newbie...good luck with your plowing career! There is WEALTH of information on this site. Sit back and read, and read, and read!
  3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Yes you can learn alot on this site and any questions you have just ask someone can answer it for you. And WELCOME to the PLOWSITE HOME
  4. integrityman

integrityman Member

Thanx guys-

I had hoped to find something used. Unfortunately I found very little used that was close to what was looking for. What I did find was not much less than what was new, plus I have a warranty, a very slick quick connect/ disconnect and a remote controlled plow. Really neat engineering. I am looking into whether or not I can install the Sno Way 4-sight lighting hookup with my plow. Also am wondering if I should purchase a bigger more powerful battery to help run the lights and hydraulics...

I also intend to install some fog lights under the rear bumper so (at night) when I go in reverse I can see whats behind me... I thought that was a good idea.

The dealer/ installer took his time and "trained' me on taking the unit on and off.
  5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Good luck!

All of what you mentioned I have personally read or been involved with on this site so I know the info is there. Do a search and you will find your info.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sure you can add 4 sight:nod: If you can not find them local we stock them ($79.00 plus shipping)

Before adding an extra battery make sure your getting all you can out of the set up you have. Considering up grading the feed wire from alternator to battery and if you do replace the battery remember AMP HOURS are more important then cold cranking amps.
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The back-up lights are a good idea, but under the bumper they will get torn off the first time you back into a snowbank or pile of snow.
    Welcome to PS and to Sno-Way.
    Remember the "search" function too
  8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

post up some pics of your rig
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck but we need some pictures lol
  10. integrityman

integrityman Member

I Will try to get some pics asap.

Fall is just a kick arse busy time of the year for me. Leaves to clear, firewood to split and sell and still grass to mow. I'm running constantly. I will get some pics though.

Yeah- I want to mount the lights somewhere where they won't get beat to hell. I have a friend who back into something (hard and stationary) while plowing. Just toasted his back end. I can get a set of the little fog lamps through harbor freight for <20$. I figured I may put some on the back of my trailer too for backing up at night.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  11. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Welcome to PS!! You'll like the versatility of your 26. As for lights under the bumper, I have a set that I found at AutoZone (only about 1.5" tall) mounted in the space between the top of my hitch and bottom of the bumper. If they get smashed up there I've got bigger issues to worry about!!lol
  12. integrityman

integrityman Member

Here are a couple pics. I intend to use the black and white for a business card. I have purchased a strobe for the top and have upgraded the battery. I intend to purchase the foresight system too.

First day of plowing went just fine. I took things slow and have established a simple motto: Take it slow and dont go where you wont fit! If in doubt - use the snow blower.

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Fixed it for you!
  14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Good Motto. The plow looks great. How do you like the down pressure on that thing. Have a good season.
  15. integrityman

integrityman Member

I really like the DP.This snow had a layer of slushy ice that it did really well on. It did real well on back dragging the residentials too. I also like the quick connect/ disconnect very much. The system is very user friendly and requires very low learning curve- Great for idiots like me!
  16. prostk2

prostk2 Member

Grandview---no point in you getting out of the truck when the customer can just shovel the walk themselves. great motto Maybe I will have to change my motto!!

Integrityman---congrats on the plow and good luck this year!!!
  17. integrityman

integrityman Member

Prostk- thanks- last year I did a ^&*load of removal with a Kubota snowblower. Not getting out is nice. Alas though I have a lot of residentials sidewalks that require getting out....

I see your from the Chicago burbs. I have relatives in Wheaton and Roselle- where are you located at?

- Solo

-fully insured

-fully licensed....
  18. integrityman

integrityman Member

Grandview- nice avatar... is that what you use to melt the ice???:blush2:
  19. prostk2

prostk2 Member

I am in Hanover Park. A little west of Roselle. I know where Wheaton is also---not far either.
    If you are in the neighborhood sometime let me know we can compare PITA customers.
    Any snow forecasted for you ?
  20. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Does someone sell snoway in Lima or did you go somewhere else to get it?