1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got my website up!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by IMAGE, Mar 18, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Center up your logo. You might want to change the white lettering to black or different color little hard to read.

3. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

Looks good to me.

Nice job Image.

4. truckermatt

truckermatt Junior Member

change your text color..... its very hard to read with that lawn background

5. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

image i love the site, very nice keep up the good work

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The site looks nice. I do agree with others that the white text is very hard to read on the grass backround. I would suggest black and maybe bold if necessary.

Otherwise great job with it.:waving:

7. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Looks great, but think about replacing the grass background with a black background. But thats just my 2 cents.

8. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I sent you an email with my 2 cents. Good Luck

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Do you guys see white text on a black background? (there is supposed to be a black backround centered on the page. The grass should only be visible on the outside 2" or so, and in the link box it should be a striped grass background.

If you guys are seeing the grass as the only background on the page I may have a problem in my code somewhere. What browsers are you using? I have tested it in IE and Advant browser with no problems.

10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Are you guys using Firefox that are not seeing the black background? I just tested it in Firefox and it does not show up correctly. I will have to fix my code. I guess I may have to switch from transitional to strict coding... dambit!

11. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I do use Firefox Image.

12. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks guys for bringing that to my attention!

13. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Just a couple thoughts, I also find some of the print hard to read, part of it is my issue because I am 46 and my eyes aren't so sharp.

I would like to see testimonials if you have them and when I clicked on the contact us I was hoping it would be a information box like, I put down my name and the address where I would like service and a way for you to contact me, what you have now is OK but it is not clear on what steps to take........just my .02:salute:

14. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

dude my eyes hurt.....lol just change up the text and darkn back a lil bit .,.. nice job tho

i use firefox too

15. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Ok I think I have the viewing in Firefox problem fixed. I still have to come up with a text that is easier to read or I may have to change the back ground color. (I may go with a dard green)

16. grandview

Better looking

17. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

changed the colors also. looks better and easier to read. ok I have some text changes to make-- but I am done for today. Thanks for the help guys.

(GV Thanks! I stole your color! lol here ya go:drinkup:)

18. frostypuck

frostypuck Member

I'm still seeing all grass background with white text. Using Firefox. Otherwise everything looks good, although personally I'd offer less package deals and discounts.
    BTW, the blades that cut that grass in the background need sharpening.:D
    Chris in Boston

19. grandview

What happened to it . It changed again.

20. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

looks good!!