1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got my sample can but..

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by bkabina, Nov 18, 2011.

1. bkabina

bkabina Junior Member
    from pa

It wasn't nearly enough when I started using it so I had to go to the John Deere dealer and get more. :)

I have an older Chevy K10 and the ignition switch would get very hard to turn when the temperature dropped any lower than freezing. I took the key out and put the spray tube in the slot and give it a couple quick shots. Been working like butter ever since.

The receiver and hitch are both well used on my truck as well. It has gotten to the point to where I had to tap the receiver in with a hammer the last couple inches to get the pin in and tap the receiver out when I want to remove it.
    I have sprayed it with everything from dry lube to PB blaster but it was still a pain. Even tried a light coat of grease. It helped but not alot and still didn't last.
    I sprayed some fluid film in the hitch and wiped down the receiver and Man what a difference. It slides in and out without the hammer now.

Also used it on some sticky locks, welding clamp and vise grip threads, plow parts and I am going to try some on my boots.

Thanks for the sample Dan. I am now a Fluid Film Lifer. lol

To everyone that hasn't tried it yet, What the hell are you waiting for.
  2. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I'd skip the boots, you have to live with the smell then....
  3. bkabina

bkabina Junior Member
    from pa

I already done my boots. The smell of Fluid Film is much more pleasing than all the boot water repelant, conditioners and cleaners they sell. Probably safer too. Thanks though.
  4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Fluid film smells so familiar but I can't figure out which product I also use that has the sale smell :(
  5. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Decaying sheep carcass in a can?

The stuff works, but man does it stink.
  6. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

some people just LOVE the smell of Fluid Film...im used to it:eek:
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Joy dabs a little behind her ear to get guys to buy FF!