1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got my plow setup complete..now with pics!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by skippy867, Nov 12, 2009.

1. skippy867

skippy867 Member

this is the plow i bought from WESTERN1 here on the site. its a 8' western mvp ultra. this will be the first time i put a plow on this truck. It is a '03 chevy 2500hd w/ the duramax

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks real good....love the truck/plow
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks real nice. The black and red going together great. Are you going to put timbrens up front and crank the T Bars?
  4. skippy867

skippy867 Member

ya, iam going to crank up the tbars and then get a allinement right away and iam looking right now for a deal on the timbrens
  5. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

the regret you will have is that you didnt do it sooner. i have a boss on mine and its the best plow truck. PERIOD.
  6. skippy867

skippy867 Member

ya, ive plowed with my atv a old bronco w/ a western plow and a suzuki sameri with a custom built plow. it will be nice to stay warm and be dependable too
  7. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

you might want to fix the rubber on the passenger side wing looks like its not doing much in it current posistion
  8. skippy867

skippy867 Member

i think its just how the driveway might be sloped
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very sharp looking truck. Nice looking plow to.
  10. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Looks great:cool:

Are those just standard, run of the mill "pro wings" you can buy everywhere?
  11. skippy867

skippy867 Member

iam not real sure, they came with the plow (used). iam not even sure if i am going to need them or use them.
  12. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

If you got some good sized lots...trust me, your going to need them, that's why i was asking since I need a way to contain more snow with my 8'6" V plow and said i'll fit on some pro wings since it's better than "stock"
  13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great nice set up and bring on the SNOW
  14. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Looking Good !!
  15. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good.

I use the prowings as well. I noticed the rubbers on the wings are mounted outside of the steel cutting edge. They NEED to be mounted an inch over the cutting edge so they don't bend back, and cause little snow trails everywhere. It also scoops better this way.

I enclosed a pic if you didn't know what the hay I was talking about.

16. skippy867

skippy867 Member

ok. thanks for the advice!
  17. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Looks great. Anyone price Western MVP Plus wings for these bad boys?
  18. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a good combo, have a fun winter.
  19. rusty3506

rusty3506 Junior Member

How did the front end hold up?
  20. skippy867

skippy867 Member

so far so good, why?