1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got my new tires today - Firestone Winterforce

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kbsnow, Nov 16, 2010.

1. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

Yep, outfitted both plow trucks. Both have 245-75-16, and I got them for $312 a set of 4.
    The two truck are mainly plow trucks, and the little mileage we put on over the summer months won't make em wear faster.
    Can't wait for the snow. They are even reay for studs and have the marks for the studs.

WINTERFORCE[1].jpg

2. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

those are very good tires !

3. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

they are great tires, i've only used them sudded but they work well.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That wasn't $312 installed was it?? Even if it wasn't that's an awesome price on a set of winter tires!!

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

That's what I used on my Wrangler last year and will be using on my XJ this year. The Wrangler was unstopable - never a traction problem. I'm looking forward to using them again. Good luck. Oh, and where'd you find them for that price? I got my set of 235/75/15s brand new for under $300 delivered off eBay last year. I was thinking about another set or two for some of the other vehicles.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

we run them on our toyota's. they're unstoppable. they're not HD enough to put on our other trucks though.

7. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Unbeleivable price there...tirerack has them in that size for $552/set.

8. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

I found them at Tire Rack, and then went to the local Firestone dealer to see what his price would be. Since I was buying 8 tires, and was a repeat customer, he made me a deal I couldn't refuse.

9. BlizzardBuster3

BlizzardBuster3 Junior Member
    from SW PA

Nice looking tire, great price. I just had to buy six for my F350 4X4 Dump, 10 ply's, were nowhere near that price. I paid just a bit more for six than you did for eight.

10. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

Are they10 ply?

11. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

you may not put many miles on them tires in summer but you could still possibly wreck them. I was lazzy and left my snows on for a few weeks and now the heat made them hard from keeping them on so long. But at that price guess it don't matter just buy a whole new set next winter.

I just had to pay over $300 for a Toyo Open country that got punctured and busted a belt inside the tire and that was under warranty too.. They have a stupid list price of $900 so even under warranty you still pay retail. The tires are wearing a lil fast too..

12. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I am going to be putting a set of those on my wife's Yukon soon. I got a price of $480 mounted and balanced. But Sears has them for $25 cheaper per tire. I should be able to get them mounted and balanced for under $400. After tax time I'll be getting some Duratracs for my truck.

13. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

I did NOT get the LT load range E, I got the UV tires. The trucks are a 91 and 94 1500 and don't see any real heavy duty work other than plowing. They don't tow and will sit most of the summer.

14. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I just looked at a set of these on Tire Rack, they were sold out, so I went over to Town Fair Tire.....$138 vs $169 no install or warranty. Tire Rack wanted an additional $96 to ship as well. I'd love to find a set of them for decent $$.

15. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Motostar tire in nh has them I just logged into my dealer account. My cost on the lt 265 75 16 are excelent. No way would I ever put a p metric tire on a full size truck with a plow. Good luck. The p series cost around 70 ea. Thats what they should concidering there for a passenger car or an suv.

16. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

they just started making them in a 10 ply this year .found that out after i got revo 2s on ..my F 250 .i run them on my F 150 a soft compound tire with most excellent traction

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

Really...Do they list the Load Range E for that size? That is exactly the size I need.

I'm heading to Portsmouth in the AM, can I use your discount? Or do you know if they offer the same discount for new commercial accounts? payup

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

I was also looking at the Dunlop Radial Rover A/T's, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2's, General Grabbers AT 2's, & Kumbo Road Venture's, as well as my current BF Goodrich T/A KO's.

Does anyone here have any insight on any of these?

19. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Im not sure what they do for new accounts. Not much I can do about using our account Im not the boss anymore, But I can tell u they have. 17 of the lt 265 75 16 In load range e In stock.Stay away from the grabbers unless there gona be a winter only tire as well. I got 25 k out of mine in the same size.The revos are good They have 0 in stock on the revos.The road ventures Rv78 they have 28 of them in 10 ply more money then the winterforce though.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  20. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

I'll let you know how they do. I have NEVER had an LT tire on any of my trucks in tha past, and I've plowed and towed many a vehichle with. These were all Dodge and Ford 2500 series trucks and never had an issue.