1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got my new plow :}

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rob_cook2001, Dec 10, 2008.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I will get pics tomorrow but it is a 8ft bobcat plow for my S300, my ? is i know that i will run the skids on gravel/dirt but should i run them on pavement or just take them off??
    thanks guys
    Robert

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i wouldn't run them on pavement or gravel (if it's froze hard)..

3. rob_cook2001

so just run without them?? also how much down pressure you guys run? i was thinking just enough so the blade stays in contact with the ground.
    thanks

4. zigzag82

zigzag82 Junior Member

It depends on the conditions but I put just enough to lighten the front of my skid on Icy days.
    Then normal plows I use just the blade weight with the help of ride control.

5. rob_cook2001

thanks guys, last question, has anyone built wings or bought a different company's wings for the bobcat plow?? the only ones bobcat sell are to make it into a pusher, i want angel wings.
    thanks
    robert