1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got my new lightbar yesterday

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by firefighting4u, Jan 7, 2009.

1. firefighting4u

firefighting4u Junior Member

well I got my new 911ep yesterday in the mail man did they ever have fast delivery like two days! got it at like 10 AM had it on my truck by 12 and had it all wired by 2. wouldnt have taken a long time but had to hunt down a shop to get out of the cold and sleet. Ended up going to the Fire Station and used the garage to install it. well I went to show it off to a friend and found out today that he put it on youtube so I figured I would post it here to show everyone

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Kick asssssssssssss
  3. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

nice i likey
  4. firefighting4u

yeah I wanted a bar that was slim and had traffic advisor so I ended up with this one and am completely happy with the choice. now if my dang blue whelen avenger would ever get here. and im still waiting on the kc 6" daylighters for rear facing
  5. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

That thing looks like a spacecraft is coming in for a landing....Geesh! If someone says "Oh I didn't see him" They should be shot. That's one h**l of a bar!
  6. Jayslawncare

Jayslawncare Junior Member

Hey the bar looks great but I was wondering how you mounted it? I cant tell if you have a back rack on there or not but i just got a 48" bar and i dont want to permanently mount it cause I take it off the truck when Im not out plowing. The bar I got came with the brackets that hook onto the door jambs but it looks liknda cheesy and I dont trust magents enough. Any ideas? Thanks
  7. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

hope you keep a fire extinguisher in the truck
  8. firefighting4u

which bar did you get I know the galaxy mounts will work for the millenium but as far as what I did is yes I have a back rack with the L shaped lightbar brackets the holes did not line up at all and there is only 32 inches between the two uprights on the backrack so I removed the L brackets and drilled 2 new holes that line up with the inner holes on the 911ep I put a real thin piece of padding between the L bracket and the lightbar ( I used some of my extra Snap-On toolbox drawer lining pad) attached the Lightbar to the L brackets that way and then took the whole set-up and attached it to my backrack.. I am sure there are many ways to do this and not saying my way is right but I am not pacient enough to wait two weeks for the correct part I need to get here lol
  9. firefighting4u

why would I need a fire est? but yes I have a esttinguisher in the truck well actually it is coldfire but the same thing
  10. firefighting4u

and yes kitn1mcc I know you are referring to the whole 911ep light bar catching on fire or frying modules wow that was like several years ago if I remember right but anyway like all manufacturers they all had their problems, and im not going into all the problems I used to have with my 2100 code 3 I had on my wrecker but there was a prob with the 911 getting hot and frying but the new ones all have different modules and leds in them and the company is faaaar better to deal with than they used to be
  11. Crystal Creek

Crystal Creek Junior Member

That's Hot!!! (Thanks Paris) That bar looks great on your truck. Did it come with the controllor? Was it pre wired? And just wondering the cost? I am looking for a full size lightbar and really like the one you have. PM me if you dont want to splii the beans online.
  12. firefighting4u

no ill tell it like it is I am real good friends with a distributer not for just 911ep but for them, code3,fed sig, and others. so through him and whatever channels he has I got a light bar direct from 911ep which I guess could be "reconditioned" but if so man it couldnt have been used much but I called 911ep and asked about the issues they have had with them and they assured me that those issues are fixed and were not an issue with my bar it has been corrected.. but wiring was real basic only 4 wires from the lightbar to the cid box. Then all I had to do was wire the switch panel to the cid box. the switch panel I got I didnt like so I used a whelen one I already had. I got it for around 650.00 shipped to my door
  13. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

That thing is a beast!
  14. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

wow that is tight!
  15. John911

John911 Member

911EP is out of business now ... good luck!
  16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Can't watch the video here at school, but I'll check it out when I get home. Sounds like a decent company. Even though they are no longer existant lol
  17. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

what? i dont think so......
  18. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

who ever told you 911ep whent out of business is wrong or is makeing a lie! 911ep is still in business.......
  19. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

There was rumors everywhere, on lots of forums and such.