1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got my new Boss last night.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bstout, Nov 1, 2007.

1. bstout

bstout Member

I went by Double D Services just outside of Verona, Wisconsin to pick up my new 7 1/2 Boss Sport Poly plow last night. After doing a lot of home work and much web searching this is what I settled on for my 2005 V8 Tundra 4X4.

I can't say enough about Double D Services. These guys didn't know me from Adam. I got treated like I was family. The installation looks like it came with the truck. It doesn't look like an "add on" at all. I'm not exactly the handiest guy and I can work this stuff no sweat. These guys made the whole experience (which was unnerving for me) go smooth as silk.

I'm really going to enjoy owning & operating this snow plow! :cool:

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

No posting, without pictures.:gunsfiring: Let's see it.

3. bstout

bstout Member

I start my vacation tomorrow. I'm going archery hunting in the morning. I'll try to snap some pictures tomorrow and post them.

4. Jgrub75

Jgrub75 Member

I just put one of those on my Tahoe, Haven't pushed with it yet but it a real nice setup. Especialy compared to my Meyer setup on my other truck. Here are some pics.

P1010657 (Small).JPG

P1010656 (Small).JPG

5. bstout

bstout Member

I'm having trouble posting pictures. Can someone please give me a "How to" lesson?

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

when you type you post theres an icon that looks like a paper clip right above where you type, click that and upload your pics. but if theyre too big they wont work. If your having trouble you can email them to me and ill put them up for you. just let me know

7. bstout

bstout Member

Here's some pictures.

Thanks 06HD BOSS!

DSCF0518.JPG

DSCF0519.JPG

DSCF0522.JPG

DSCF0524.JPG

DSCF0528.JPG

DSCF0518.JPG

DSCF0519.JPG

DSCF0522.JPG

DSCF0524.JPG

DSCF0528.JPG

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

looking good man. best of luck with it

9. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Looks very good. Bet you can't wait to try it out now.

10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Very nice looking plow.

11. bstout

bstout Member

I've been practicing putting it on and taking it off my truck. Better to get good at it now rather than having to do it in two feet of snow. I hate learning in the trenches.

The first thing I learned was to be sure and pull into my blade as square as I can with the truck! :realmad: :)

More to come!

12. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

I also had a plow mounted a couple weeks ago at Double D.

Jeff and Dale are top-notch and they are both very friendly. No wonder they're backed up all the time:)