1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got my New 680!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by tacomacho, Jun 30, 2010.

1. tacomacho

tacomacho Junior Member

Had my new 680 installed yesterday, can't wait for snow...crap, did I really say that? :laughing:

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Pictures or it didnt happen.

3. tacomacho

tacomacho Junior Member

You're absolutely right Jason, I know the rules. I'll get some up ASAP. The pictures I wish I had would be the faces of the people I passed on the way home when they saw this guy on a 90 degree day with a snow plow mounted up and ready to go. :confused:

4. tacomacho

tacomacho Junior Member

Ok here's the set up.

CLOSEUPPLOW72r.jpg

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

if i were to get a new one i would have gone with the 720. just seems that the 680 is too small even for my jimmy, I still want to change my moldboard to a 720 but im waiting for the cutting edge to wear down.

6. tacomacho

tacomacho Junior Member

Yep, I agree the 680 is a bit "petite" BUT for the Tacoma it's the one they claim falls within the rated capacity. They (the authorized dealer) would not do an install on this Toyota of any other than the 680. I guess the way around that would be to do the install yourself but when the install is part of the package price, whether they do it or not....
    I'll need to reserve judgement until I actually use it but 2" taller and 3" on each side doesn't seem as though it will push the 680 into the useless category. But yes it does look sparse on the mid-sized Tacoma.

7. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

it will work just fine, you will love it in those smaller driveways and it will do its fair share of commercials as well. Ive worked mine to death and it still moves plenty of snow, its just not as pretty as it once was (lots of welding and rebuilding of the moldboard). I had a 1/2 inch thick cutting edge made a couple of years ago after wearing down oem edges after one season, now the aftermarket one is just not wearing as fast so im going to wait to get the 720 moldboard until this cutting edge is due for replacement. Good thing is that the 720 will mount to the 680 a-frame (push beam) and it shouldnt be a bad job to switch since i assembled the 680 out of the crate:)