1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got my money for bad debt,

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by indianaplowboy, Feb 23, 2002.

1. indianaplowboy

indianaplowboy Junior Member

Hey guys if you remember my problem with the contracter. I plowed for him and after a few jobs he terminated me and decided to pay me whenever he felt like it. He had told me to begin with he would pay me every fri. Then when it was time to pay he said I would to have to wait for ten snow storms and that he would pay me whenever he felt like it. To make the story short I said this was not acceptable. He called and swore at my fiancee. You guys said to confront him for the money I did. And low and behold got a check in the mail today. Now will just hope that it clears and doesn't bounce. Thanks for the replies, I'll will consider myself lucky this time but I bet it'll never happen again.:D
  2. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Hope it doesn't bounce ??

Other than being a pain to have it bounce your in the drivers seat now;) ;) . If it bounces take it to the local law & file a complaint & have him arrested. I had 1 guy with my water well biz that bounced a check & told me to kiss his a$$ so I took it to the police & they arrested him, he then said he would never pay me. Well I then went thru small claims and won but couldn't collect so I had the sheriff pick up his brand new TRUCK ( bragged that he paid cash for it) & put it up for sheriff sale to pay the debt. Man was he pissed off, then he had to go to criminal court & the judge wasn't very happy with him, when I told the judge how & why I did what I did the judge fined him & suspended jail time if he paid me in full . All in all it cost the guy almost 3-grand over what he owed me & the public embarrassment. So if your in a bad mood after it bounces you can screw the SOB if you want too. Sometimes I do it just to make a point that your not going to screw me. In 25 yrs of Biz it hasn't hurt my Biz or Rep going after deadbeats.
  3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

NOTE TO SELF: Do NOT piss off the man who calls himself Ohiosnow...
  4. sledhead

sledhead Member

Good note Slim.
    Glad I live in Mich and I'm buddies with the well man
  5. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Believe it or not

I've really lighten up in the last few years :D :D . I guess life is easier now but I still expect to be paid when I do a service. ;)

PS I'm known as the collector, I've collected for a few friends who said they couldn't collect from some deabeats so I did.:p