1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got my Homesteader Mounted Today

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Captain, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Captain

Captain Senior Member

Had the Homesteader installed today. Very nice clean install on my 2004 Explorer. Dealer says they recommend 200lbs ballast, but he didn't think I needed it. I was worried about too much weight in front, turns out I only lose less than 1/4" with the plow up.

My other worry was how high the bade would be when raised, it's a full 12".

Drove home on the highway with no signs of any overheating issues at all. So all three of my fears - weight up front, blade height, and overheating were for nothing.

I do have to get used to how fast that thing swivels left to right - wow!!!!

Let it Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Captain

Captain Senior Member

Hmmm....tried to edit my original post with pictures but there is no edit button I can find (sorry I'm a newbie in this forum).

So here's some pictures in case anyone else ever searches for a picture of the Homesteader on an Explorer.

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

looks like a good match for each other..... nice truck.... what are you plowing with it?
  4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good. congrats.
    Nothing like a new plow, even a small one.
    I think you might have some fun with that this winter.
  5. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Nice set up and Welcome to Plowsite
  6. Captain

Captain Senior Member

I've been plowing for 12 years. The Jeep in the background of one those pictures was my old plow truck. I've retired it from plowing and am giving it to my son who just got his permit.

I do strictly driveways, which right now I have 15 accounts, and I may boost it up to 20 this year just to get the plow paid for quicker.