1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got my first chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jcfeder, Dec 14, 2003.

1. jcfeder

jcfeder Junior Member
    from neb

I got my 1st chevy 1996 6.5 turbo diesel. Had only plowed with a ford before. well got are first storm of year 7" and went to work this thing worked great it has a 8' meyer poly plow. Worked it for about 10hrs and tranny went out (@#$$$*^#@$@) :angry: So for the next 12 hrs I finished it with a 1985 f150 (trusty) :) the new truck is nice with the $2300.00 tranny but the old one has never let me down in 3 years that I've owned it . lets just say the old one has made its home forever.:drinkup:
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Even though I have a Ford, I've always had chevys before this. I'm going back to chevy soon! Good luck with your truck. Sounds like a nice one.:waving:
  3. nachoschevs

nachoschevs Member

To bad to hear that your first chev let you down so soon. I am happy for you that you are now using chevys though. There is always one or so out there that just have to break and make the rest of em look bad. I have had good luck with the couple of them I have. Most of my friends have Fords. I have driven a few of theirs and I think I could never have anything else. They love their Fords and have the occasional problems as do all types, but you I just have to have the bowtie.
  4. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

i have always owned chevy and have been very happy in 2002 my friend talked me into getting a f 250 lariot fully loaded one week went by and i knew i made a big mistake.i wont go into it not enough room on page
    anyway it lasted three mounths and i could not take it anymore i got rid of it and got back into my gm product a gmc .
    the way i see it is if we have to drive all the time it should be with style and class i will never make the same mistake twice:drinkup:

keep on truckin in style