1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got my feet wet in Ohio

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buckeye Chuck, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

Did my first bit of plowing today. Did my drive and aprons twice and 5 or 6 others. For never plowing before, I got us home in one piece. :drinkup: Only problem I had besides being slow and head spinning was a stone drive I did with 3x5 landscapes. Had some problems back dragging and then trying to plow over them. Ripped one out and put it back. I wonder if I should have back dragged or plowed it all to the tree lawn/street and then try to push it into the corner of the street and drive, to miss them damn timbers?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You might try keeping the plow lifted an inch or so (takes a little practice) even backdragging. Can you put markers there so you know where they are next time (I assume you're talking about 3"x5' timbers?).

3. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

Yes, 3x5s, I kind of knew where they were but you have to be quick on the draw. If you pick up to quick to plow over them you leave a mess.
    I wont mind if they don't sign up for steady service.