1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got my Blizzard info pack

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rob1325, Nov 10, 2004.

1. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Blizzard sent me a brochure on there plows. Must say very impressed. I like all the features and seems to be a time saver. I have used Meyers, Western, Diamonds and been using Fisher now for years. I will be getting new truck this spring and will def take it into consideration. I am looking at the 8611. Some questions I have are how dependable has it been for you guys? Also, I do some huge condo complexs where I do constant up and down and back dragging. How does this plow perform in these situations? A dealer already called me and I told hime I will meet up with him in December when my season comes to a close to look at one (never seen one yet).

After looking at brochure was thinking of how Blizzard can make there plows better. Adding down pressure for back dragging and also the ability to move wings back for scooping for back dragging. I wish they can do this, would be big time saver for me, but probably dreaming

Thanks for help
  2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Down pressure :eek: the 8611 plow weighs 1,470 lb. I do like the wings folding back though. I can see a lot of use for it. :D Do a search on Blizzard plows. Their was a thread from a Blizzard dealer about the pros and cons/things it cant do of the plow.
  3. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

From my search found that they have problems back dragging and one person mention with lift system. Is this true?
  4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Back drag with wings in.
    No problems with lift system.
    Great plows.