1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got me a new sled

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I bought this sled last Saturday at the New Hampshire sled grass drags/water cross races in Fremont NH. I was up there for almost 2 weeks for a death in the family. Well, I couldn't resist this sled and I brought it home. Mint condition other than a missing idler wheel cover. I'll be back in NH this winter and can't wait to put some good NH trail miles on it.

2005 Arctic Cat Sabercat 600 LX. 784 miles / 42 hours on it. Fuel injected, elec start and reverse. Handwarmers and helmet plug.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice sled. I would love to have a new sled, but I only use mine for ice fishing so it wouldn't be worth it.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks. I use my quads for ice fishing work and take the sleds out on the trails when I'm done fishing.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

how is the cat 500 treating ya?

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

She's going great as usual!!

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I usualy take my Arctic Cat 500 4x4 ice fishing but sometimes there is just to much snow for an ATV.

7. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Thats a sharp looking sled. I like the looks of those

8. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

Nice sled Hope you enjoy it...

9. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

That is a nice looking sled I also have a Cat it is a 08 Z1 SnoPro Nightfire,all I can say is Cat rule.pumpkin:

10. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Nice sled! Brother in law has a Sabercat 600. I've got an 09 Ski-Doo MXZ TNT 600. 399lbs :wesport:

11. Jaysled

Jaysled Member

That is a perfect trail sled! My buddy had one and loved it, good luck with her and keep the track side down.

12. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Sexy looking sled:cool: I bought a pair of used arctic cats a few yrs ago to see if the wife would like them, and me and buddies ended up riding them more...but that turned into a very expensive winter LOL!!! I had more in repairing the damn things than what i paid for both of them and a trailer:mad: but when they were able to ride, we had a ball. Our trails here suck since it's all over open corn/bean feilds, but at the same time they're nothing but loooong fire trails so you know what that means LOL!!!!

One time we were making a trails, i decided to jump a typical farm driveway after riding over 20 of them earlier on the trail...well, the one i decided to jump ended up having a nice big rock garden on the other side:eek: so i jump off soon as i'm airing it out over the driveway and watch the sled nose dive directly into the rocks, hood breaks off into pieces, front end caves in...but was able to limp'er home. Got that fixed and a few outting later riding to a different spot, riding next to railroad tracks it came to a spot with very step sides...i did'nt feel comfortable trying to tackle it so i jumped in between the tracks..well, there just so happened to be a set of cross over tracks hidden under the snow....jammed both of the skis hard into the tracks and folded them under the belly pan...2 sleds with straps to jerk it back out and was able to limp it home and rebuild the front end of that one...shoulda just stuck to the groomed corn feilds, but after months of riding flat ground you force yourself to explore a bit...we jsust found where NOT to ride.:drinkup: