1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got me a new ride ugh

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fisher guy, Nov 27, 2010.

1. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

well i bought a new truck yesterday thought id share it with the community i know im a ford man and i was looking for an OBS f-350 but couldent find one so i ended up with this as some of you im renting out my truck to a close friend for salt operations so in the mean time i needed to pick something up for the winter and heres what i came up with a 1989 chevy 1500 4x4 with 141,000 miles on the truck and only 40,000 miles on the crate 305 bought new in 2000 ( i got the paperwork on it) only thing wrong with it mechanically is one rusted out rocker panel on passenger side and needs one ball joint (will replace all 4) but for the price i payed for it i cant complain at all so with out further adieu

89 chevy 1.jpg

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

You went looking for a one ton Ford and ended up with a half ton Chevy? BTW, what's rust? :)
  3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good! So are you renting out your truck plus you? Or are you working for Mystic?
  4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

She looks pretty clean. I like the oversized tires!:waving:
  5. fisher guy

since im not plowing i dont need the one ton but ive always wanted one and thought this would be my shot to get one but couldent find one that fit my specs in the time allowed considering i was going to be with out a truck after december 1st

nope just renting out the truck...im working for collin from terra lawns aka merrimack mill again this year...mystic is a great company to work for and great equipment but me and collin already have snow history together and i know the route already so it just made more sense to stay with him
  6. fisher guy

thanx thats what thru me over the edge i like big tires aside from here and there stuff i cant complain there will be a for sale sign in the window in a couple weeks just to see if i can turn a quick buck overall i like the truck and think it will serve my purpose for the time being knock on wood