1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

My wife surprised me today with a custom built Backup Buddy!! This thing is a tank, solid built, bright as daylight!! I highly recommend the led lights over the halogens,super bright!! I have been wanting one of these for the last 2 years.I know some of you are going to say its to expensive but if you had one in your hand and saw the quality you might agree. Now we need some more snow!!

2. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

thats a nice surprise and what was it custom built for and was it worth the extra cost for it custom built i was wondering because i was talking 2 backup buddy about putting them on my tailgate salter they asked me for pictures of my setup but didnt get them yet because i was thinking my spinner might block some of the light when its on the receiver of my spreader and the top of my spreader is above my tailgate and blocks some of the view out of the rear window it would be nice to see when backing up in parking lots and on streets i will probably order it and glad to hear that they are bright and hopefully more snow will come also

3. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

I intend to use the light year round so explained to them that I needed it to have a amber strobe for plow season and a red brake light for off season. The custom configured it and the wiring to be interchangeable.Also I wanted the brightest led floods they could put on it and they did that also,the extra requests only cost her a few bucks more and build time was 3 weeks! She was happy and I'm more than happy with it.

4. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

i was looking at the gg307led with the trailer plug on it. it slides over the hitch that goes into the receiver and use on the tailgate spreader and then put it on the hitch for towing the trailer in the summer time if i have to make a new bracket and get it welded to the frame of the spreader for the lights to be mounted in a better position i will depending on the amount of wire i have to play with for options nice to know they were reasonable with the extra work done on yours might have to treat myself to a late xmas present happy holidays

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

If it's gold plated, I could justify the extremely high price.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

No pictures?........

7. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Looks like the one on there website, just configured how I wanted it.

8. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

i did order the gg307 led with the trailer plug for summer time towing. the unit is pretty sturdy and heavier then i expected it to be. with the saltdog tgs07 spreader that blocks some vision when your backing up it does make a difference with the lights now. any light would of made a difference for sure but so far i am happy with them and they got a work out this winter. and they are removable to put on another vehicle easily which is nice to. some i have seen only have 7 led bulbs and they wanted $40-$100 a light depending on where you went. the backupbuddy has 9 led. time will tell if they are worth the extra money but as of now i think they are

9. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Update on my Back Up Buddy - I love this thing. Used it all winter and eventually backed up into something and caved in the lense. It did NOT bend any other piece - I was amazed - and the damn thing KEPT ON WORKING (it still strobed with strobe light smashed in!)!

It sat all summer and I just called - they fired me out a replacement lense and wiring. Annmarie talked me through it - greatest customer service and American Made! Semper Fi!

Order now before winter - these thing light up a football field!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  10. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Amen Major Dave! Like I said in my post also these things are awesome!! Glad Fall is here...soon it will be snow time:nod:

11. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

12. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Back up Buddy is falling apart

I went to adjust my led lights on the back up buddy tonight and noticed the housings on both leds were cracked and missing the piece the bolt runs through. I hope this is covered under warranty, I haven't had the light for a year yet.:realmad:

13. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Call her - they will take care I ya!!!

14. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Called this morning and got great news from Annmarie....its covered and I'm sending it back in the morning.She sent me a prepaid ups label in five minutes of us having the conversation! Total customer satisfaction,they stand behind there products even when outsourced parts fail. Backup Buddy rocks!!

15. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Solid product and great customer service.

16. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Hi George just want to make sure you received your unit back and wanted to thank both you and Major Dave for the compliments. It is greatly appreciated. It was a pleasure dealing with both of you. I hope you both have a safe and prosperous plowing season!

Thanks
    Annmarie

17. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Got my Back up buddy tonight! Its all brand new again,Annmarie it looks great! Thanks again for taking care of me. Is there anything I should do with the new one? I dont want to have the same thing happen next year.I was thinking about spraying it with some Fliud Film?? Let me know what you think.... Thanks again for a great product and awesome customer service.

18. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I like the idea and convenience of the backup buddy and would like to get one but I have sanders in all my trucks. Too bad the they didn't have an option for the lights to be spread out a little further to clear the spinner. Also not sure if there would be enough clearance back there

19. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I called them late last week and asked them for something that would work with my spreader. We talked on the phone for a few minutes and texted pictures back and forth and he custom made one for my spreader. I was expecting it today. Actually it may be here already, I haven't checked my front door or mailbox today. Anyway, both he and his wife were great to deal with. Don't have the product yet, but if it's half as good as they were over the phone I'll be very pleased.

20. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I received my reverse lights to put on my spreader the other day. Just got around to installing them today. Man, I have to say, they make a HUGE difference. It's like night and day. Gene and his wife were a pleasure to deal with as well. Sending texts and making calls back and forth to explain exactly what I wanted. If I had to guess, I'd say the difference with the new back up lights and without would have to be around 600-700 %, without exaggerating. I'm going to buy a regular Back Up Buddy to use on my truck when my spreader isn't in there as well. Great investment. Here are some pics of them mounted, without them turned on, and with them turned on. There was some ambient light out from my home's exterior lighting, so it makes it a little more difficult to tell the difference. But when you're sitting in the driver's seat and looking in your mirrors, the difference is VERY LARGE.

20141109_181652.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014