1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got Her Installed Today

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by QKSnowRemoval, Nov 1, 2009.

1. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

Well today a friend and i put the new HTS together. This was my first plow install ever, but it was pretty straight froward, nothing to complicated to me, just time consuming. But it all turned out great. Just has some odd job stuff still to do, got to mount the back drag edge, and put the other two bolts in the cutting edge and aim the lights But over all im very impressed so far with it, we will see how it works out with snow. I have about 450 pounds of ballast in the back now i dont know if i need to add more or not. and there are no timberns installed. but please do note that my drive is at a slight grade.

2. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Nice looking set-up you got there.
  3. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

that looks awesome man
  4. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Nice Job. truck looks sweet with the blacked out lights
  5. QKSnowRemoval

Thankx man, it does look tuff, i got tail light covers as well but they dont work good for backing up, so they will be staying stay off for the winter will i get the back up buddy.
  6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

X2.. Nice looking Rig. Good luck this year.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

When did Western start making direct cylinder lift plows? I'm used to seeing there chain.
  8. bryanR

bryanR Member

truck looks mint dude. i can't decide if i want the 1500 or 2500. that thing sits pretty good with the plow raised. what year is it?
  9. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

On the Homesteader/Suburbanite 5 years ago. These are the first "full size" plows from Fisher/Westen that are direct lift. My HT is similar although mines the MM2, yellow and trip edge. Word from the dealer I got it from is DD is looking into doing this with all their lines.
    Hey QK, does yours lean to the side there is no jack? And do you have the longer jack pin?
  10. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good. Good luck this winter ussmileyflag
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like Douglas Dynamics is seeing the light.
  12. QKSnowRemoval

just this year and only the new hts plow, i think they did it due to weight tho
  13. QKSnowRemoval

yeah i know right, well i dont knw why but my dodge has always set higher and level then any other i have seen, and there is no lift or anything, but it does have the tow package on it, but its a 98 btw. its been a great truck, only 106,000 on her but is just starting to get a little cancer tho
  14. QKSnowRemoval

yeah i could believe that since they have bought blizzard and there plows are direct lift, but i read on here that the ht does have that problem and i asked my dealer about it and they said it has been fine with all of the hts plows they have installed and have had no problems to there knowledge, but there is a service bulletin out to maybe increase the pressure of the lift cylinder due to it collapsing when the plow is disconnected from the truck. so i want to say yes i do have the longer one, it sat fine when i unhooked it today tho.
  15. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

The truck looks very nice! The plow looks very good as well. Good luck this year!
  16. bryanR

bryanR Member

i think this might just inspire me to get a 1500
  17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Wow, I like that a lot. Nice set up guy!!
  18. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

As I said in the other thread, Nice setup!
  19. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Great looking truck & plow. I really like the look with the red bar between the lights.
    What kind of tires are those?
  20. QKSnowRemoval

You do what ever you want, but if you do get one id try and find one that sits just right like mine and make sure all maintenance has been up to date and it will be a good truck, and btw you can get dodges cheap,lol

Thankx every one for liking my truck and set up so far, i wish the truck was cleaner but i cant wait to use it. Ill be making a new post once i get my sound off pinnacle mini light bar.