1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got bored

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by the new boss 92, Mar 21, 2010.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i decided to smokemy taillights today and so far this is what i got. i still have to clear coat them and buff em out. here are the starting pictures!

IMG00068.jpg

IMG00069.jpg

IMG00070.jpg

2. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Looking good, thats what I wanted to do, but never did!

3. the new boss 92

these are looking better then i though. after the paint was dry i wet sanded them and then cleared them. they are shiny as all hell now. they are drying right now and then i have to wet sand and buff them out now. sorry for the pictures but they are cell phone pics!

IMG00071.jpg

IMG00072.jpg

IMG00073.jpg

4. the new boss 92

this is them under a work light to show how dark they are, but hold a nice shine to them. the 3rd picture is the tinting paint i used that i picked up at advanced auto parts. I used regular clear coat for a car that i had left over from my last job i did. looking good so farwesport

IMG00074.jpg

IMG00075.jpg

IMG00076.jpg

5. the new boss 92

more pictures to fallow after they are all buffed and re installed!

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think smoking lights or obstructing them with those stick on things should be illegal.

7. the new boss 92

why do you say that 2 core?

8. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

It is.

I did that too. Used the VHT stuff. I didn't bother to sand or buff them though. I also have red backup lights. Which was a horrible idea but oh well.

Looks good :)

9. the new boss 92

the only reason i am buffing them and clear coating them is i like shinny lights and for them to sand out, but if i didnt care and had other thing to do i prolly would have just sprayed them or waited for another day!

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

My buddy got pulled over and cited for smoked tails. I think it looks good, but I know that I'd get a ticket the second I did it to my truck around here. Cops love that stuff.

11. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

It is in CT. just a good reason to get pulled over.

12. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

There not to picky here and now that window tint is legal, they don't worry bout stuff like that. I know a couple of friends have every light on there vehicle smoked out.

13. the new boss 92

its just for looks, and i dont mind them, niether do the cops around here.

14. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

let me know when you want to practice on another pair :D. those look sweet. some tinted tails would look nice with my blacked out harley headlights and my black bumpers and fender flares when i get em.

15. the new boss 92

ok i will eric, illpost some pictures up tomarrow with a real camera to shop the quilty and how good they really look!

16. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

I wish they'd do that in Minnesota. Lately they've been stingy on tint, but they don't seem to mind taillights. Mine have been smoked for about a month and they haven't blinked twice at em. Then again I'm like the only person in town with his taillights smoked. :waving:

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It reduces the effectiveness of them. Could be the difference between getting rear-ended (and wearing a neck brace for the rest of your life) or not.................

18. liv

liv Junior Member

+1

Also if you get rear ended, and the guy is smart he will simply say that he couldn't see you braking. Automatically your fault since you made your vehicle not legal. Your insurance can also choose to not cover it.

19. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I have been running limp tint and smoked lights on my trucks for years. No issues.
    Robert

20. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

It does look nice, BUT....I would like to know the guy behind me has no problem seeing me slow down. To many dipshits out driving around not paying attention, no sense helping them.