1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got Ballast?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by habart30, Jan 23, 2012.

1. habart30

habart30 Member

I could not resist snapping a few shots of this truck. I'll just keep quiet..the pic speaks for itself.

Feel free to add more pictures to this thread if any of you have similar encountersThumbs Up!

2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Very nice.

Over-sized plow on too light of a truck, along with no ballast.

My favorite form of ballast is the junker guys running around with a beat up truck and plow along with 2 yards worth of scrap in the back of the truck.

3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

nothing out of the norm for a chevy is it?
  4. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Yeah theres always idiots running around and most of them are all running $20 strobe beacons that dont do a fing thing
  5. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Well as for this comment, a chevy holds weight a H*** of a lot better than any dodge. As for the picture, it looks like a half ton truck with a 8' Boss HD Tripedge plow, those were the heaviest 8' plows boss ever made, I think they were even heavier than the 8'2 boss power V. My step father owns one and it even looks heavier, idk what it is about them but they are alot heavier.
  6. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

My dads Dodge had the same plow, '02 1500, and it looked the same way, Just a little higher up though but it rode low with that plow on. Even with ballast. Probably could have used more, but we were lazy

EDIT: and nice $10 strobe. Geeze, my truck is just for the blowers and sidewalk crew and I have more than that.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  7. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

What's ballast?
  8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

LOL, I see that all the time around here.
  9. 2low

2low Member

there is a 1500 chev in my town with a boss 8.5 v blade and the wing tips are 1/2 inch off the ground

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Keep dreaming. :rolleyes:
  11. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

That is a pretty ignorant statement. :rolleyes:

As for the ballast if he put it in the bed the truck would be over GVWR oh wait it already is on the front axle :dizzy:
  12. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have a picture for you, I'll try to get a shot of a K1500 I always see with an 8 foot Hiniker... Its always the Chevy's...
  13. habart30

habart30 Member

yeah snap a pic if you can, and your right It's always the Chevy's..90% of the time anyways.
  14. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Mine holds pretty well... Taking the picture was tight but you can see the plow is raised...

plow drop.jpg
  15. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

well of course it does, it's lighter on the front-end with all that rust!! haha just joking with ya! th bed on my ford is starting to look like that too!
  16. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Weight reduction, for higher top speed Thumbs Up You should see the box...:eek:
  17. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Front end drops 1/2" with a 9'2". 1 ton springs. doesn't drop at all in the rear with the 14' b&b. But yeah you take your IFS lol

18. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

H&H, awesome truck. I want to put one together like that.Thumbs Up
  19. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Thank you sir! I have a truck thread and a headache rack thread, take a look if you get bored enough ;)
  20. habart30

habart30 Member

H&H...I see your from Mattawan. Funny because this picture was taken at the Citgo on the corner of Main street and Red Arrow! I live in Texas Corners. Keep an eye out for this truck..I'm sure you'll see him sooner or later!