1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got a video of my sidewalk machine in action

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Camden, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

This is my second season using this machine. I absolutely love it! I have a Snowex 575 mounted to the rear so once we're done plowing we turn right around and salt everything down. Hope you enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45npk6dDSio

2. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Thats sweet! I dont care for front decks when it comes to mowing... I had to use a f932 when the 997 was down... And it sucked! Lol, looks great for walks tho... So do u chain the tires? Cuz i got stuck while mowing... And dont ur ankle and foot hurt later? Holding the pedals down... I guess its not 8 hrs straight tho like when i mow... How about some current pics... Have u considered wings or a bigger plow? Or u happy with the 60?

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

sure beats shoveling. looks good

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Fatigue isn't really a factor. I get in and out enough to keep the blood flowing. Thumbs Up And I'm perfectly content with a 66" blade. I have several walks where I need to sneak in between buildings and it just *barely* fits through.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Looks like you found the garbage can:D

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Ha - That's not what happened...I hit the curb that was raised up about an inch higher than the sidewalk. Normally the plow will just trip and you don't feel a thing but I had it set so that it wouldn't trip because it scrapes better in "bulldozer" mode.

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Ohh, but if anyone asks I'll still say you hit the can:nod:

8. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

got to love the that bun for waling in the way.....

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Any pics of the machine???

10. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

You guys got snow again Friday?? man i need to move north!! Nice sdwk machine been looking at getting one of them.

11. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

Looks like it works great! That tool in the green coat would have got my blood boiling!:realmad:

I can't imagine fatigue of the ankle being a problem. I used to mow a LOT with a 935, and never once even remember my foot hurting.

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

great video roy.....felt like i was in the cab...

13. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Nice. Looks like it scrapes really well. If I remember correctly you bought it with the blade already attached? Is it a factory attachment or is it fabbed? We have two of these with sweepers and blowers and I really want to put a plow on one. Any suggestions?

14. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have been looking for a sweeper since I got it. They're awfully hard to come by. Pretty soon I'm just going to give up and have one made for me.

As far as putting a blade onto your machine is concerned, just find a quick attach system for your machine. They are pretty common and I see them for sale all the time on machinefinder.com

Once you have a quick attach you can put ANY plow on it you want. You might need to do some slight fabrication to get the brackets on the plow to match up with the mount but that would be very simple.

I've given some thought to purchasing an ATV plow that has a flared wing so that I can throw snow better once the berms start getting high. Let me know what you come up with.

15. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Thanks. The sweeper works really well and provides a high quality of service for our banks and other priority accounts. However, we have had problems with its reliability and just had a gear box go out. $1000 for a new one or $500 for new gears from our local rip off artists at the JD dealer. A new or even used sweeper is very expensive.

I'll keep an eye out for the quick attach as you stated. I was thinking of removing the sweeper from its frame and buying an ATV plow and bolting it to the frame where the sweeper was attached with some slight modifications.

16. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I have started a collection of front mounts lol.. I have a F935 and F1145. The 1145 is bigger and 4wd and more HP then the 935 but the 935 has a cab and heater but needs new sides. I don't know which I want to keep. They turn on a dime and have a good amount of power to seeing as they are diesels unlike a atv. Decent speed also.

Blades are hard to come by I've searched all of fall and all of 1st half of winter.
    F1145
    [​IMG]

F935

DeereWalk.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  17. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

QUOTE=masternate42;1180780]Looks like it works great! That tool in the green coat would have got my blood boiling!:realmad:

I can't imagine fatigue of the ankle being a problem. I used to mow a LOT with a 935, and never once even remember my foot hurting.[/QUOTE]

I work for maintenance at my vocational hs... We have over 120 acres... And when i mow there in the summer its over 8 hours straight of mowing pnbthe f932... And its 99% of that time is with my foot all the down on foreward... I only used it like 2 weeks whilebour jd 997 was in thebshop...

18. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I understand if you were not used to it......:salute:

Now, Back to the awesome sidewalk rig!!!:popcorn:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  19. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

In case you're not aware, your machine has cruise control. The lever on the right side of the steering column will lock your foot pedal in place until you step on it again. I use it all the time when I have to travel long distances between accounts.

20. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

leaves a lot cleaner finished product than I thought it would when the video started.