1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got a stupid summer question for ya!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Ericjr16, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hi guys! Not been around due to enjoying summer! I have a silly question about my Md75. We have to store it outside under a tarp. I went over by it the other day to find it angled all the wayto the right. I had to leave it straight to unhook it from truck. How the heck did it move?!? Sun heating the oil and slowly pushing it over? It is behind the house and I'm not being pranked!? :eek: Just a noob question, now I got to move the sucker alot to realign it to truck when I hook up again. I hope you all have a nice summer and get your equipment in order for the winter!

2. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Never heard of that.
    I'd help you if I could help you.
    'But I can't so I won't.:D

Free bump..Even if things are slow right now.:drinkup:

3. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

LOL thanks man!! It is weird! I thought a buddy was messing with me! He knows I suck at lining up on it!

4. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I would too,,,I've only plowed with 5 ton and over equipment.
    I'm not a pickem' up truck kind of guy.:D

Glad you enjoyed the humor in my post though.

Just wait until September when this site picks up:help:

It is kind of fun and entertaining. I imagine you've already been told to search.:laughing:

I haven't been here in a while. xysport

5. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

LOL yea not much use for plow now! It was over 100 here for over a week!! Hot for N.Y. Take care!!

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Honestly, I've never seen it either in a plow. However, heat can build pressure in a hydraulic system. If you've ever left an older skid-steer sitting in the sun (before they put in the fancy connect under pressure systems), you may have noticed that it's damned near impossible to hook up an attachment.

The pressure must have built enough to push over the crossover relief, which would have allowed to plow to angle.

So no harm, but definitely a surprise...

7. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hi, your not kidding when you said a surprise!! We are wondering how hard it is gonna be to move to get it on truck! LOL Should be easy compared to doing it in theblizzard the last time.I'm glad to hear it isn't hurting it either. We have to change the fluid,so I guess this weekend or so,I'll hook it up. Thanks Smoorman!

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hook up the power/controls and straighten it out before you try

9. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Yeah - that's probably the easiest thing to do.

10. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hi,you guys are right! Right now it is so far off from where we left it. The ground has settled also. We are gonna try to make a garage before winter. Hopefully we won't need to store it outside anymore!