1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got A Squeak!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DeereFarmer, Jun 21, 2008.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I started noticing a couple days a squeak coming from rear of my '02 2500. I thought it was a wheel bearing, but it only happens when accelerating at speeds below 30 miles per hour. It's pretty noticeable. Any ideas on what to look at first?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Time for some new u joints
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That fact that it does it under acceleration at low speeds is the near perfect indication of a worn/dry U-joint. Don't leave it go to long either as on these trucks the slightest vibration or U-joint problem will create EXPENSIVE T-case issues in short order. :nod:

And don't hesitate to replace them both while you have the drive shaft down.
  4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

get the better ones, its not like the truck dosent go between gears 500 times a night.

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Just had my U joints replaced

I have a 2003 Chev 2500hd and I was getting a noise coming from the rear at low speeds I heard it the most. Turns out it was the ujoints. Hope this helpsussmileyflag ya.
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Who in the heck is DeereFarmer. LOL
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

The U joint is what I had expected. Now it's going back to the dealer for some warranty work!

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I had the same thing in my 04 sierra about 3 weeks ago. Its better now.