1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got a question about rear mounted spreaders

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by clayton2127, Dec 28, 2009.

1. clayton2127

clayton2127 Junior Member

Anyone know anything about buyers atv spreaders? I need one by the midle of this week and the only one Im gonna be able to go pick up is a buyers. I wanted cycle country or swisher but every place i check is backordered for both. I can go grab one of these at tractor supply down the street but they only have 1 left. Anyone got a ny reviews on these? The last thing I wanna do is go spend 300 bucks and have it flake out on me the first time i use it

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Where in Maryland are you? I have a brand new never used Magnum Spreader S300P same as the Meyer 240. It will work on a ATV. It weight's about 100lbs and holds 240lbs of salt. Let me know if you interested. I unboxed everything and put it on to see how it would fit. Other then that, it's new. Sorry for the bad pic, cell phones......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  3. clayton2127

how much you asking? I have a feeling its alot more than i wanna spend.lol. pm me

4. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

looks pretty bad ass!

5. ALC-GregH

from pa

What are you looking to spend? Have you price any spreaders? The S300P is the smallest "commercial" spreader (besides the Meyer, same thing) on the market. The Buyer's and a lot of others are smaller and made more for homeowners or estates. If your doing small to medium commercial lots, you'll want a spreader like this or similar.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  6. clayton2127

Ive been pricing out spreaders that were actually made for atvs. Unless this one is too... Just seems alittle big.lol. I was just gonna go with one that was like 400 dollars and held like 100-150lbs..

7. clayton2127

Also, im from hagerstown md. forgot to add that awhile back..

8. ALC-GregH

from pa

If you want, call me. I live in Waynesboro. 717-729-3667 You can come take a look at it if you like. I paid just under $900 for it. I'll go $800. It's never had salt in it, brand new. It's really not that big to be honest. It hold a little less then 5 50lb salt bags. What ATV do you plan on using it on?

9. clayton2127

it would be going on a 07 grizzly 660. My gf lives bout 3 min from waynesborrow.lol. was that made for an atv or for a pickup?

10. ALC-GregH

from pa

It's perfect if you have a truck and plow too. It can be used on either truck or ATV. It will last you a long time and can pay for it self in just a couple of events. I bought this spreader thinking I was going to be doing 3 commercial lots but it fell through.

11. ALC-GregH

from pa

That's what it's setting on in the pic! :) My Grizzly didn't even squat when I put it on the back. If your interested, call me and you can stop by and take a look at it.

12. ALC-GregH

from pa

You'll be needing it in the next few days from the looks of the weather. :D

13. clayton2127

Thats pretty funny. mine is also red.lol.

14. ALC-GregH

from pa

Are you interested in the spreader? I'll give you a deal on it. You can see before you buy. LMK

15. clayton2127

Well.. If you still have it in alittle while ill be very interested. I really cant spend that much right now. But after another storm id be all about it. So im gonna buy a cheap one now because they are calling for some crappy weather this week. So if all works out well, ill be grabbin yours from you after this week. If this spreader works out, ill still grab yours and stick it on my truck. lol.

16. ALC-GregH

from pa

Your going to throw away good money if you buy anything else. How close are you to having it all. Got anything you want to barter on? :)

17. clayton2127

Not really throwing anything away. Just had to have the spreader incase something happens today. If i dont use it ill take it back and we will talk. What kinda stuff you talkin about bartering with? Can you send me a pm so we can talk in private? lol