1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got a plow for my quad!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by deere615, Oct 16, 2007.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I got a 48 inch cycle country plow for my quad a few weeks ago.Here are some pics before I put it on my quad:
    tmpphpMu7zLY.jpg
    View attachment 26456

tmpphpMu7zLY.jpg

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. deere615

Heres some of it on the quad, I just put it on this weekend!
    tmpphp7wpIou.jpg
    tmpphpvx0Spu.jpg

tmpphp7wpIou.jpg

tmpphpvx0Spu.jpg

3. deere615

Heres some of the light I put on the quad.
    tmpphpGgleBY.jpg
    tmpphpwErAiE.jpg
    One at night
    tmpphpZoce1e.jpg

tmpphpGgleBY.jpg

tmpphpwErAiE.jpg

tmpphpZoce1e.jpg

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

looks nice!

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

looks good....now drive to the other side of the state and do my sidewalks

6. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice!! Looks just like the one I put on my Foreman.

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Very creative with the light

8. deere615

Thanks for all the replys so far. The light is pretty neat. I just have to figure out how to get the quad on my truck, I think I am going to have to get some 90 inch ramps and back it on to the truck.

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looks Good! I have the same quad, with a 54" CC plow- works great! The only issue you'll run into is the quad running over your windrows (plow angled is not as wide as quad is), that's why I went with a 54", some guys will even put on a 60" plow. Good luck this winter- be REALLY careful loading in the snow- it can be VERY dangerous (as I found out last winter- one of the several driving reasons why I have a plow for my truck for this witner)!

10. deere615

Thanks:waving: . Ya I know I am going to have to be careful. How did you load yours last year?

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Well, I didn't have my truck until last March, so I only used the truck to move the quad for 2 storms. I got 2 heavy duty Black Widow 9' long amuminum ramps to load the quad into the truck, I then loaded it nose first (if you try to load it back first you risk the quad shifting forward and breaking your back window (another reason why I got a backrack for my truck)).

12. deere615

Ok thanks I found a pretty good deal on some 90 inch ramps I am hoping I wont have to back it on.

13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't realize how long that mount was for that quad. I bet that thing wears you out lifting it up and down manually

14. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I have the same plow and you can lift it with two fingers and is much faster then a winch. Now all he needs is a set of wings on there and he will be all set!!xysport

15. WhiteOut2500

WhiteOut2500 Junior Member

Nice setup

16. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

nice plow and atv

17. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

i took an old universal trailer hitch, flipped it upside down and mounted the arms that would go back to the frame of the truck forward, so with a receiver in it looking from the side it looks like a " C ", and bolted it to the front of the bed rite behind the cab, and then mounted a 2000lb winch to an old receiver. so now i have 50ft of cable to use to drag something up ramps into the back of the truck, and its long enough to run from the back of the truck, through the 20ft open landscaping trailer and hook on a broken mower to drag it up. but anyway, you cold do something like this to back the quad up into the truck and do a controlled roll back down and out, alot safer than driving it up and down

18. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

good idea using the winch

19. deere615

This was last year. I got a winch shortly after that. I like the winch way better. Plus I have the winch if I get stuck in the summer. But I did just screw it up the other day, I might have to get a new one or it might be the wiring. Heres a more recent pic:
    Quad-conneaut 2 11-26.jpg

Quad-conneaut 2 11-26.jpg

20. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

so...what happened to the deck post light?