1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got a 'new' toy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by farmer101, May 12, 2010.

1. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

So we recently got a 'new' 'toy' lol. my uncle decided to trade us his skid for an Alis Chalmers WC. All that i know about the skid, is that it is a Case model 1816 with a gas engine on it, and this thing is tiny. When i went to pick it up, it didnt run, had two flats, and was sunk down in the mud, but the winch on the trailer made short work of it, and soon i was ready to roll.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

After a couple of days of tinkering, and wiring, and swapping battieries, i got it to run. one of the tires still wont hold air though, so i cant use it yet, but i couldnt resist getting some pictures. i doubt it will ever see much if any snow duty around the farm, but during the warm months, it will be very handy to have around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice trade and that think is small

4. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

hahah that is the truth. i believe it is supposed to be used for things like cleaning out horse stalls, so it had to be small. that isnt what wee will use it for, but it will be usefull. we do stuff like haul small amounts of creek gravel or fill dirt for our family and the local FFA and before what we had to do was use the tractor, load up the pick up 5 or 6 times, then load up the tractor and move it to where the dirt was at, and then haul it back. which really isnt that bad, but that thing is HEAVY on the half ton, and this skid bearly weighs anything, so we can haul it with the first load, leave it there and use it to spread out the new material as we go. basically it will just be a time saver.

5. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

thats awesome, id love one around the house ,

6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

New toys are the best. that thing could come in real handy for lots of things

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Never seen one that small, where's the engine?!?:laughing: Good luck with it, and don't tip it over!

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

LOL where's the seat, or do you sit on the carb housing?!

9. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

in the pictures, i had just (within about 5 minutes) gotten it running and i hadnt had time to put the seat back on. i had it out so that i could wire in a new ignition switch. there is a little metal bar under where the seat goes that i was usning temporarily, but the seat is back in and bolted down now. :nod:

10. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

i havent got to really test the loader yet, but so far it seems to be pretty well built, but a little wobly. and it tips back very easily when you jam it forward, so hopefully with some common sense, and a little dirt in the bucket, i can keep all four on the ground most of the time. :rolleyes: oh and the engine is in there lol it is just tiny.... little ol single cylinder gas.... lol but its a runner.

11. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Have fun with it. It will be handy.

12. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

just watch out in case that thing decides to backfire through the carb. Your crotch could be on fire in a hurry! It looks as dangerous as those old snowmobiles! Good times!

13. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Looks like a handy little machine. We have a big T300 bobcat at the farm but I would like to find something like that just to load salt and do stuff on the snow side for sidewalks.

14. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

i have a newer new holland ls120 which is a mini skid to i was looking at dingos and other mini loaders and figured why stand when you can sit , it can lift 1200 pounds and you can load my f 650 dumps with it and still fit through a 42'' gate . i got a great deal on it perfect sidewalk machine i have a poly edge for the bucket which works great . i mostly use the machine for backyard tree removal it will lift a piece of wood about the same size as the machine lol good luck with the little case.