1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got a new spreader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by res201cue, Nov 30, 2012.

1. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

I finally bit the bullet and bought a new spreader.
    heres some pics its a Saltdogg TGS07
    I cant wait to to try it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the plow mounted up for the first time this season

[​IMG]

2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

That is a great looking truck.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck. Why 4 plow markers? I'll never understand the whole confederate flag thing on vehicles up north. I rarely even see it here in NC.

4. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

thanks

thanks
    the 2 inner markers are on the wings
    as far as the confederate flag thing I dont know either it just felt right i guess lol

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

real nice looking truck and sander good luck this yr

6. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

thanks

heres the wings banksy
    [​IMG]

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That makes more sense now. Very nice.

8. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

is it a pain to put on the spreader is it as heavy as the fisher speed caster II ? what did that end up costing i have been thinking about getting one like that. that unit will do sand right or a 50/50 or any blend combo??

10. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Where in Pa?

11. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

its a 2 man job putting it on and off I dont know the exact weight around 180lbs or so I think.
    it was around 1500 installed I would have done it myself but things have been a little busy. and I havent used it yet but my dealer told me it will spread sand, salt, mix, anti skid, etc. he had one on his truck and was spreading salt sand mix with no problems.

about 20 minutes south of scranton right around wilkes barre

12. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Good luck with the new salter and this season. I have the same salter on one of my trucks and have been very happy with it. You won't get as much control as you would with a salter with dual motors that are individually controlled but its still great. Never had a clog, easy to load and clean out. How do you like the plow? How is it mounting on and off? Easy or?

13. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Whats the difference between the tgo6 and the tgo7?

14. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

Srl I love the plow never had any problems mounting or dismounting it takes me about 2 min to put on and off.

The difference between the 06 and 07 I believe is that the 06 is smaller and comes without the vibrator

15. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking set up, I was looking at that same salter the other day at the plow supply place. How much weight ( bags) does it hold?

16. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

It holds 820 pounds I believe

17. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Yeah, the tg06 holds 750LB

18. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Nice looking spreader and truck. I got the spreaders little brother (tgs03) and wish I would of got the bigger one.

19. dupupp

dupupp Member

How do you like the spreader? I have the same one but it is last years model. They changed the spinner and they added a adjustable piece of metal right above the spinner where the salt comes out. My spreader works great but dumps a lot of salt in the middle. Wondered if these news pieces fixed this?

20. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

I got to try it out on thursday and it worked great. I didnt have any problems with it dumping salt in the middle it spread nice and even. I believe they added and inverted vee on the inside of the hopper unless thats in the older model as well.