1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got a new rig need help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DareDog, Nov 24, 2011.

1. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

wondering how i can spray oil in to rocker panels so they don't rust out like all other Chevy trucks i see. also should i run synthetic oil in it? its 05 Chevy 1500 with 5.3L. it also has hands free radio things on the wheel and 3 of them don't light up how hard is it to get them working again?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not sure how most people do it but I have Audubon on my truck same stuff they use on the front and rear of limos to keep them from getting dinged up.As far as motor oil I've run Amsoil in my 2000 1500 I had and run it in my 2006 2500HD I have now.I also run Amsoil in my jet ski and atv. They all perform excellent and I get great mileage in both my trucks.It may be alittle more expensive then most oils but it out performs.When the truck says it needs an oil change I check it,if its clean I reset it and check the oil once a week.Its worth the extra few bucks I think

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/asl.aspx

3. herbert02

herbert02 Member

Mix some used motor oil with some diesel and ****** the whole under carriage using a hand can sprayer.. Pay attention to all your fluid lines, they will go first.