1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got a new ride!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by biga, Oct 14, 2005.

1. biga

biga Junior Member

ok here it is...
    97 f-250 got the truck last week installed the spreader yesterday and got the plow installed today.
    all i need now is the snow!!!!!

truck pic.jpg

2. biga

biga Junior Member

another.....

truck2.jpg

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Nice:D that set-up ROCKS:drinkup:

4. biga

biga Junior Member

one more.........

truck3.jpg

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck, and I really like the plow. It looks like you could use some help in the front end maybe some add-a-leafs or something.

6. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

yeah thats a lot of # on that split front axle

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i have that same truck in a 1993. i am telling you that truck WILL NOTlast a full season plowing. you have the ttb front end. it is not meant for that kind of weight. a 8ft plow is pushing the limits of that front end. sorry to be the barrer of bad news....

8. biga

biga Junior Member

this truck actually has 1 ton axles on it but i'm still going to do 1 more leaf and timbrens.

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

dana 60's you mean? if so the truck will be fine. looking at the pictures it looks like the front wheels are caving in?

10. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I also had a split axle ford 250 for plowing back in the day, but had 7.5 Fisher on it and thought that was to much for it. You may have some issues with that plow on that truck. I would of put it on if it was a 350 straight axle.

11. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

front end

These guys are right i have an 89 f-250 with a 4" lift and that same crap front end. lemme tell you its endless problems. i mean im only carryin a 7'6" pro unimount but still. hey good luck:drinkup: :yow!:

12. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I had a 93 f250 hd with the ttb. I hung a 8' conventional set up on it and the suspension dropped 3/4"at the most when the pump was put on and the blade up.

13. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

looks good.....

14. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Same problem here, sorry to tell you.

That is the TTB you can tell from the pics.

Find yourself a Dana 60, its a bolt on change over. Only problem is it will ruin you $1000 plus for the axle.

With that plow you are sure to break first heavy storm.

15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Don't even think of plowing with that, as everyone else mentioned, that is trouble waiting to happen with the weight. I had two guys that were my back up plowers last year and when I needed one, I selected the wrong one cause he had a BOSS 8'6 on exact same truck even color, LOL, and his front end took a sh*t on the first job I sent him on, ( with only 31000k on it ) so my second back up guy had to leave his job to help with towing. I don't think those trucks were made for plows, why mess around with changing front ends and all that, if your in a position to do something different I would, just my .02 cent worth.

All you can do is benefit from everyone's experiences here, I'm not sure if your new to the plowing indusrty or not but these guys here have saved my little butt several times when I started.

Best of luck to you my friend.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  16. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Used plow! The way to go! :drinkup:

17. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

If you maintain your frontend you won't have issues. Check to make sure the axle u-joints are all in good shape, and all the steering components are in good shape. I would def add a add a leaf as you will have a lot of tire wear if not. Grease and maintain and you won't have problems, it will just be more upkeep for you. I beat the **** out of my frontend (half ton) all summer and then beat it with the plow in the winter with 35" tires and the only thing i usually have a prob with are wheel bearings because of so much water in them at the size of the tires.

18. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I plowed 2 storms with my 8' Fisher on a F250 with timbrens and it near ripped the front end out, cracked all kinds of things.

I have been plowing for 10 years, and had at least a dozen different trucks.

Also it will play hell on your steering box that I assume already has play in it.

Here is the truck I had....

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=14872

19. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

what are those two squares on the plow in the first 2 pics that arn't there in the 3rd pic?

20. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

The wings extract, making the plow wider.

The 3rd pic the wings are closed.