1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got a new 2005 3/4 HD Ext Cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by flykelley, May 6, 2005.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys
    I got a new truck today. 2005 Chevy 3/4 HD Ext Cab short box. Just like my last one it's red and has the Plow Prep and Trailering Package. Man its ride's alot better than my 2001 Reg Cab 3/4 HD. It has alot more goodies inside than my 2001 did. Will post picture's later this weekend.
    I know have to get my strobe's ordered and the sat radio back in it. I also need to shop for a plow.
    My old truck had a 8ft Curtis, I'm looking at a blizzard 810 or a Boss 8 ft Heavy Duty, so if any of you guy's are running one of those tell me the good and bad about them. I want a plow that is easy to hook up. Well got to go to the airport and go flying.

Regard's Mike

2. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

Hey Fly Kelly I cant wait to see your pics of the truck..Im a True chevy fan!!!! If you dont mind me askin how much did you pay for the truck, what goodies you got with it, and possible how much per month you pay..if you dony want to answer that question it;s fine...But anyway Im in the market for a new chevy 1500 or 2500 both ext. cab with lots of options, im just lookin for good prices..HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!....RYAN

3. rarbs

rarbs Junior Member

Re: Chevy Silverado 2500HD w/Snow Pkg.

Just wondering if you got the 2500 HD with the 6.0 L or the Duramax + The Allison Transmission. I'm in the market for a new chevy also however my local snow plow dealer said I need at least 5,000 gawr to handle either the blizzard 810 or a boss v-plow. Let me know what the gawr is for your truck - thanks. I'm looking at the 2500HD with the 6.0 L crew cab short bed. We have 3 kids, so we need the crew cab.

4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i have a 2004 2500hd and i will tell u that the 810 is REALLY HEAVY i can tell tyou for sure that i will have more front end problems with this truck then my others with straight blades and you should expect to wear the truck out quicker the plow ways 1200 pounds thats almost double what a western 8foot proplow ways it is forsure a stronger plow but it might be better to have the plow be the week link instead of your truck. not that i dont love the plow and it is very time effecient, but i also don't think i will buy another there is a lot of moving parts to brake and they are pricey. if it is going to be a work truck and you aren't worried a bout abusing it than go for it!

5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

thats sweet ya gotta new truck! Time for ya to get a new avatar! LOL

6. rarbs

rarbs Junior Member

Hey Frostie - should i be looking at a 3500 if i'm interested in a Blizzard 810 to support the added weight?

The only problem the 3500 crew cab only comes in a long bed.

7. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

i just got mine last mth 2500HD loaded list for 39000 got it for 29000
    on star ,sat radio bose six speaker +sub .its got it all :gunsfiring: purplebou :drinkup:

8. flykelley

Here are some picture's

resized Picture 277.jpg

9. flykelley

One more picture,man I love this new truck, this fall it will have a Boss or a Blizzard on the front.

resized int Picture 278.jpg

10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Sweet looking rig there Mike! What kind of plowing will you be doing mostly? Lots or driveways? I'd go with the Boss V for drives and smaller lots, 810 if doing mostly all lots. But I'm just a little guy in this biz, I'm sure you'll get better advice from some of the members that have been doing this awhile.

Congrats man!

Buck

11. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

sweet rig dude just like mine :drinkup:

12. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Great lookin HD. Congrats on the new truck. Can't wait to see it with the plow on.

William

13. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I love that truck Mike. Hopefully 10 years from now ill be rolling around in something like that checking up on my crews and stuff. LOL. heres a pic of my beast! shes such a beauty...

im just wondering, is that spot on the passenger side just from the AC?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  14. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Premier- yeah that is just from the A/C. Don't worry about it at all. Nice lookin truck.

William

15. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

MIKE........Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!

Assembled in the Pontiac Mich. plant I assume ?..............

Are you gonna notch the front air dam for the new plow installation
    or are ya gonna pull it off?..............geo............. :drinkup:

16. flykelley

Thanks Buck, mostly lots I have 2 driveways but I think I will pass them on next winter, pain in the butt. I really like the Blizzard 810 and there is a Dealer Local. The Boss Dealer is less than 5 miles from my house and it's on my route so its a tough call.

Regard's Mike

17. flykelley

Yea George it was born and assembled in Pontiac MI UAW Local 594. I'm going to notch the air dam, my old truck it was was taken off and I wish they would have notched it.
    I just got the spray in bedliner done and ordered the stainless steal bedrails for it. Next will be some strobes for the front and back. This fall the new plow, let it snow.

Regards Mike

18. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

rarbs i dont thin kit will matter alot as i understand it the only real change is the tires between the 2500hd and the 3500 this is why it has a higher rating i just think that if you realy want a 810. dont think you are not going to put ALOT OF STRESS on the front end. i will tell you know that in four years witch win my payments run out on this truck it will be pretty well wore out and time to trade it in. now having said that with the larger grocery store parking lots and the apartments were you have to carry the snow forever the plow really shines and it does save me a lot of time.

19. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

you dont have to cut the air dam boss & western both can be put on with out any cutting check them out :eek:

20. flykelley

Well Im gald to hear that. My friend bought a 2004 Chevy 3/4 HD last fall and they cut his air dam, but it was the dealers lot truck left over from the winter before.

Regrads Mike