1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got a leak I noticed today need help.

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by CornerStoneProp, Nov 16, 2014.

1. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I am having a hard time getting the drop speed screw to stop seeping fluid out. I tried to tighten the locking nut, turned it all the way in couple turns out and can not get it to stop leaking. Any ideas? can I use Teflon tape?

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

This is a new problem? There is an o-ring on the drop speed screw that may be damaged. PM me and I'll get you the parts you need unless you've got a hydraulic shop nearby. I'm not in the office right now to pull up the size.

3. CornerStoneProp

Sent a PM thanks for the help Scott. I do want it to be known that I may have caused it by playing with the drop speed then it won't seal up. No snow in forecast for quite some time.

4. CornerStoneProp

as usual buyers has stepped up to the plate and helped me out I will recommend your products to anybody Thanks

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

That's awesome, Scott's helped me with info over the weekends before as well. Really stands behind his products

6. bumpy

bumpy Junior Member

Not only did he help out, 23 minutes later AND on a Sunday!!! That's service!!!

7. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Scott will help everyone out even has helped me on serveral occasions. But I like Jim in tech support better....lol

I also would recommend this products saltdogg vbox's. This will be the first season using a snowdogg and a v-plow for us. Time will tell how it goes

8. CornerStoneProp

Thanks Scott the o-ring fixed it up. Also the missing cover came in and is all back together. I appreciate you going above and beyond on a plow that is out of warranty.