1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got a good one to bid in OHIO

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by truplow, Nov 19, 2013.

1. truplow

truplow Junior Member
    from Ohio

View attachment X-Church.pdf
    Yellow and blue for Sundays and special events. Blue Monday-Saturday. Total right at 4.8 Acres. Need an idea on pricing this one. Dont give me find out what my cost are. I know my cost just need an idea how to push profits to the max with out getting out bid!
    -2011 Dodge 2500 diesel 8'2" boss V and boss 1100 spreader.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  2. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

bump, this bound to be good.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Based on the scale of the maps it looks like the property is 4.8a and the actual lot is just under 3a plus about 1/2mile of road/drive. I’d be at $400.00 per push up to 6” for blue and gold and $275.00 per push for blue, this includes salt and sidewalks.
    You also may want to buy a set of wings for you blade, they’ll be a huge time saver on a lot that size.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I would bid it as whole ,not by the piece. What happens in between,it snows freezes cars driving on it.Will take you longer doing at 2 different times.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Completely agree, if they’ve had the same service in the past they may understand the pit falls and are willing to accept them. I would bring up safety concerns and use that as a tool to sell them on doing the entire lot, all they can say is thanks but no.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Or throw out it will cost you this much to plow the whole thing or this much more to plow it twice.

7. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Cant see the image

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

At the begining of the OP click "XChurch.PDF"

9. truplow

truplow Junior Member
    from Ohio

BUFF my thoughts were $375 plow $325 salt yellow and blue, just blue was $200 plow, $150 salt. I think it would take close to 3.5-4hrs to do and 30 50lb bags to salt.

10. truplow

truplow Junior Member
    from Ohio

I agree I think if they just do the one section it will be a bear if everyone drives all over then Saturday night they have to pay to get it clear again for sunday. Good point all talk to them about it. thanks

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

So $700.00 for plow/salt the blue and yellow and $350.00 for blue?

You should be able to plow a open 1acre lot in about 20-25minute, add some time for the driveways and picking out the corners/detail work and total plow time should be around 2-2.5hrs.

Around here at least with my lots I spread around 300-350# of a salt/sand mix. But keep in mind in Colorado doesn't have the Ice issue's you have there.

12. truplow

truplow Junior Member
    from Ohio

I would not say I'm a pro so I think with cleaning up around islands and corners might take me longer. You think $400 would be good for plow and salt? If you use just 50# bag salt how many bag you think? With salt at $4.10 a bag.

13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

At $400.00 you'll be in good shape up to 6", 6" and over tack on 60% for the extra time and fuel to deal with more cubic feet of snow.
    I'd figure on 15-18 bags to salt everything. You may need more on some days and less on others. Keep in mind this is my market area.

Get yourself a set of wings they're worth the cost and you'll kick yourself for not getting them sooner, Boss wings run about $650.00 and you’ll see the ROI in a couple storms.

Currently I'm running an 8.5 Meyer Straight Blade with wings, I did a 1.2acre lot in 21 minutes. Just straight pushes though and no detail work except the entrance which took 5 minutes Once you get your flow or mojo synced up with the property your detail work will be reduced quite a bit. Your time shouldn’t be more then 2-2.5hrs like I mentioned in an earlier post.

14. truplow

truplow Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks BUFF your input has been helpful! turning bid in today!

15. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I do expect to be paid a consulting fee if you get it, 15% of your gross from the property is typical.... payup:laughing:

Good luck and let us know how it pans out.xysport