1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got a call today-gonna snow tomorrow-help!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bocefus78, Feb 12, 2007.

1. bocefus78

bocefus78 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Got a call today for a small subdivision that wants a bid. Its 4 streets. 3 cul de sacs and 1 main drive. They have never had snow removal before. Its new. I have never done subdivisions as a whole...mainly residential and small commercial. I have no idea how to bid. Hourly, flat rate, per push... I am new to the industry-2nd year in-and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

2. payton

payton Senior Member

how long is it gonna take?
    what your hourly charge?
    hourly charge x time it takes= toatl

do this for 4inchs then 6 inchs 8 inchs 10 inchs. etc.
    give them that as a total quote..
    or give them an hourly rate.

payton

3. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

I have one subdivision I do that I have to bid with an hourly price every year because that's how the homeowners assc. wants it done. You should be safe if you give them an hourly rate but if you can give them a per push price + inches you usually make out better money wise. Of course that depends on how good an estimater you are!!! Good luck