1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got 2" of snow!! Had to plow 2 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by ECS, Jan 15, 2008.

1. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Got hit with a suprise little storm this morning. There was a 20% chance of a trace to an inch. At 4:30 this morning it was not doing a thing. At 7:00 this morning you could not see the houses that are 150 - 200 yards away. Wind was howling at 47 mph. Complete white out here this morning. By 10:00 the sun was out and every drive was drifted in. It made for a not so fun day pushing big drives with anywhere from 6 " of snow to 3 feet in some places and most sitting at 12" to 24". Guess I will finish my unoccupieds tomorrow and propbably do most of the ones I did today again as it is suppose to be windy all night with 15 - 20 mph winds.

2. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

That's a good deal for you...making money and it's not even snowing...just blowing!! payup

BTW...I was in Jackson Hole back in 1973 while on a cross country motorcycle trip...nice place, but the things that stand out in my mind...#1 a campground where 2 hippie girls invited me and my buddy over to their site to smoke weed and "ahem" other things...(ah sweet youth!)
    #2 The Cowboy Bar where I swear, I saw a young harmonica player who turned out years later to be that big fat dude who plays tremendously...can't recall his name but he did that song "Runaround" (john popper, maybe?)
    #3 The View of the Grand Tetons...and the Muley and Elk antlers in a park there...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  3. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

a little storm?ha-ha if that was a little one i'd hate to see a big one. later, pete

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Don't you just hate it when that happens.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Blah, blah, blah.

Wonderful, now ECS is rubbing it in too.

Sucks to be you. :cry: :cry:

6. wls

wls Senior Member

Sounds like the mid-mich weathermen, calling for 1-2"s today/night, we'll see. But its good $

7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Everybody knows that Wyoming only gets 4" of snow in October and then it spends the rest of the winter blowing that same 4" around. :blush2:

8. Mark Oomkes

Not so sure about that. ;) I was in Jackson in Feb of '97, record year. Something like 400" that year. That was beautiful and awesome.

9. ECS

ECS Senior Member

LMAO :D :D

Looks like it is going to be another great year this year Mark. Yeah it's nice, but it gets old after awhile and you can't wat for the grass to show through. :drinkup:

10. Mark Oomkes

Boo hoo. Cry me a frickin' river. :cry: :cry:

11. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Oh Jackson
    I've always heard that Jackson has two seasons.
    Winter and August 5th. :angel:

12. ECS

ECS Senior Member

No you have it all wrong. We do have four seasons.
    Last winter
    This winter
    Next winter
    And all the winters yet to come

13. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Never been to any place that I thought was more beautiful no matter the season. I hope to get back out there again sometime in the future. I think it's been about 10 years. When I lived in CO I got to Jackson about 3-4 times a year travelling for Sno-Way. I always thought it would be a great area to retire some day. Please post a few pics for us. I need my Jackson Hole fix. LOL :D

14. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Well I can gaurentee you that it has changed. It was expensive then, but now it is way out of hand. Average home here is now over $1.2 million.

It is more like poverty with a view.

Will see what I can do about getting some pictures up for you though. ;)

15. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Thanks ECS. I will be neat to see how things have changed. I will have to dig out some old pics that I have. I went out on the National Elk Refuge one year on a sled ride while there. One of the coolest experiences that I have ever had. After that it was always the first stop that I would make when I got into town. I would drive out , find a place to pull off, open up the windows on the truck and sit there and soak it all in. You never new what you would see while out there whether elk, foxes, big horn sheep.

I think I might start looking at some flights today. :D

16. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Now you would have the chance to see wolves, mountain lions and about 700 bison on the refuge as well.

17. Mark Oomkes

Road trip. :D :D

I'll be there in about 24-26 hours.

18. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Bring your plow with you. I will have a nice cold beer waiting for you. :drinkup:

19. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Swing by my place, I can get us there in less than 14hrs from hear..

(as the music from "Speed Racer" plays in the background.)..

20. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Whatever you do Speedracer, do not bring a shovel with you. :drinkup: