1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gorman Enterprises and fluid questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by -STORM-, Dec 21, 2004.

1. -STORM-

-STORM- Junior Member

I have a 6.5 ft Meyer with a E-47 pump. It currently has ATF fluid in it and I want to change it over to the Meyer fluid, should I just bleed the system and refill it or pay the 79.95 to get it flushed. Also any of the Buffalo guys deal with Gorman, opinions?

2. KSWART

KSWART Member

Never dealt with them before. I did talk to them at the fair and they seemed real nice. But $80 for a little fluid seems high. I know last time I picked up a truck trader or swap sheet they had specials for like $50 at a lot of different places. Might want to check there first may save you a little cash :)

3. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

flush it your self- its not worth it -gormans is ok -but everyone will rip you off if they can once it starts snowing..........

4. -STORM-

-STORM- Junior Member

What would I do just bleed it down and fill it with fluid and do it one more time to make sure all the ATF is out.

5. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

i use kerosene to flush mine , if you pick up a unit that has never been flushed you'll be surprised at what comes out-also you'll need to empty out your angle rams too- good luck -its easier to do them off the truck- the kerosene wont hurt any of the seals and it will mix harmlessly with any fluid you put in,don't forget you'll have to bleed the system again -there is a storm approaching for wed-thurs better make sure you have the time .....

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  6. -STORM-

-STORM- Junior Member

I am a Chrysler Certified Mechanic and I am used to working on my own vehicles, I rather just do it myself. How exactly to you do that, drain it, fill it up and drain it again?

7. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

basically - it helps if the unit is warm too, just like an engine,thats why i use kerosene -you'll use alot of it-clean your screens too or replace them......i usually flush a unit 2 or 3 times before you get all the gunk out....