1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gorbal Warming

Discussion in 'Weather' started by 2COR517, Oct 30, 2011.

1. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

So how are Al and Friends going to explain 30 inches of snow in Massachusetts in October?
  2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Its such bs, the environmental wackos need a outlet to justify

hmm lets see

global warming makes more glaciers melt cooling the flow of water from the Atlantic ocean causing more low pressure to move south which at the same time cause more moisture to head to the north from the south or some such stuff.

but damn for global warming why is it 29 degrees here at my house with snow on the ground

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

They in fact do try to use this lame example. Problem is that is one reason we had the Ice Age as well when there were hardly any people on the earth yet. :eek:

Look up "oceanic conveyor" on google and read how there is not a damn thing man can do to change the natural causes of nature.
  5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Time for more research, boys. Science is science and somebody obviously hasn't done their homework on global warming considering the first post in this thread.

Environmental wackos? Have you every been to a country without "enviromental wackos"? Be thankful that they're around to protect us from ourselves.
  6. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Are you seriious? You don't believe in global warming? Really?

I bet you think the earth is flat too.

The cause may be debatale (not really, it's man) but to deny global temp rise is just silly.

How do you even know there was an ice age 10,000 years ago? Oh yeah- science.

Unreal. The lack of education in this country is a real problem.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  7. NickT

NickT Senior Member

The earth goes through different cycles, look it up the temperature change is not that much, oh and scientists can't be bought to favor their data wake up global warming freaks, we really need the epa or anyone else to so call protect us???
  8. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

it may be that global warming is not debatable but what is the cause. we have been industrialize for around 100 year on a planet that is 3 billion years old.. we do not really know if this warming is cyclable or is man made.... we had an ice age then the glaciers retraeted ...what caused that???

i know that we need to protect the environment as much as possible ... but i do think it was funny when al had a global warming summit in i think mass, but it was snowed out
  9. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

just my two cents flame on

Man made or not there is some type of change going on. From personal experience fishing off shore water temperatures and even species and locations of fish are changing to a degree I have not seen in 20 years of being on the water.
    What will happen is anybodies guess at this point. Water salinity and temperature changes are a very dangerous thing. Some of the basic bottom of the food chain organisms only survive and reproduce in a very narrow band of conditions. Global warming? Man made? I do not know and while I stayed in a Holiday Inn express one night I do not have a PHD in science but I do know people that do. They do not agree on a lot of things but they all agree some thing is going on.
    For those of us with grandchildren it does make me stop for a minute and wonder what we will be leaving them to deal with.
    I grew up with fishing stocks being decimated and family fisherman being put out of business from basically our own actions.
    . We are a major impact on this planet from our waste to over harvesting everything from buffalo to birds. I do not believe in Big Government but I will continue to act locally and try to do my part even if it is just a clean up the beach/ shoreline day.
    If you hunt or fish or snowmobile or whatever just look into your local groups or clubs and see what you can do. Whether it is a small donation to a helping hand in a project to protect your own backyard it is an investment for your own grandchildren IMHO.
    Hopefully enough people doing this will have in impact.
    Thanks Marty

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

History always repeats itself
    If its melting over there
    It's freezing over here where we won't know till it surfaces
    Earth is not on guide rails it shifts with every rotation things are going to change its al part of life
    How or where who knows but time will tell
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  11. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Let's see now, we have people (scientists) whose continued funding and existence rests on the theory of AGW vs history.

BTW, for those who believe in AGW I have some oceanfront property in Arizona you may be interested in.
  12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

At least it's not a border State...

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Al gore has made millions on lies, the oceans control the earths temperature more than anything, the pacific has turned cold bac in 2007, when u cool the pacific the globes cools, plain and simple, There are more factors than just the oceans, sun spots, volcanic activity.
    By spring the altantic will turn to its cold phase.
    Everyone should subscribe to weatherbell.com
  14. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Thumbs UpThumbs Up
  15. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

16. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

So, you live on Long Island and believe in AGW. Wouldn't it behoove you to move off an island that will be inundated with melting glaciers and rising sea levels at any minute?

Obviously you don't put much stock in what they are saying either.

And as for the alleged consensus?

17. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

Don't you know? Global warming causes everything! heat, cold, snow, rain, etc, etc, etc....
  18. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Plamer, care to explain to all of us what "Gorbal Warming" is anyways????? :confused:
  19. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I would expect that he means...Al Gore (movement) + Global Warming = Gorbal Warming

Al being the poster child/ puppet to promote the movement of other special interest groups, in order to make trillions of $, by forming a global carbon tax as a means of taxing those who contribute the most carbon, based on "their" figures. Also, using it as a vehicle to end all sovereignty, to all persons of all nations, as they will be held accountable to pay an indefinite taxation payable to said interest groups, by means of the UN, or other form of globalized govt. All while putting millions of $$ in his own pocket.
    In reference to the"Copenhagen Treaty".
  20. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

You and Plamer misspelled it.

But hey, what do you expect from someone who lives wearing a cheese wheel on his head and is proud of it? :waving:

Well then, if you want to put it that way...................

I would have to agree. :drinkup: