1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GoPro Cameras and Storm Videos

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by MajorDave, Dec 24, 2013.

1. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

This may be nuts, but all your videos of plowing with these GoPro's --- that keep me going when its raining here in December and January! --- caused me to ask for one for Christmas and walla - Christmas eve it came! So - now I gotta figure out how to work this - where to place it etc!? I saw one guy last year in Nemo in CT with it mounted OUTSIDE and it never got clouded up at all - seen guys mount it on mirrors - maybe even hoods? Any suggestions - slow mo - time elapsed - where to put it or links to your GoPro vids???

IMG_0687.jpg

2. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought one a few months back . I post most of my videos on youtube. Ill have more videos soon once we get more decent storms.

They are great little cameras tho. I like mine so far.

3. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Link some here. Good spot to start Video Feeds since there is not a thread for videos separate from pics

4. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Where do u mount it? I got
    An extra with it that is some type of clamp hell, I have t opened it yet! Does it come with a card - if so - did u upgrade it to a bigger one to hold more vid?

5. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

I got a magnet and suction cup mount for mine I can literally stick it anywhere plus with the wifi in the 3's I control it with my phone

6. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

they use a microSD card so get as big as you want aslong as its a class 4 or bigger I think for hd video

7. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Now - if I could just get it off the plastic packing mount! Holy Crap!!!

8. xgiovannix12

Nope they dont come with an sd card. I use a magnet mount and suction cup.

I suggest buying an sandisk ultra 64gb . MY camera sure likes it.

This is my channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MrGiovannix12

I just bought a chesty mount and Planning on buying a head mount soon

9. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Woulda been nice to know they did NOT come with a card! 64 gets you a ton of footage? Thats the biggest one? Do you edit yours on a mac iMovie?

Shoulda started this under storm pics and just posted video here…wonder if we can move the thread...

10. xgiovannix12

admin or mod can move the thread. With a 64gb card I could get a decent amount of footage. I mean I have 3 batterys for this camera and still cant fill up my sd card with the 3 battery's fully charged.

I dont have a mac so I cant answer that question but go pro will provide editing software also I use windows movie maker.

11. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Just checked your vids out - nice! WHere are you?

12. xgiovannix12

Catskill mountains NY

13. SServices

SServices Senior Member

14. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

On all the go pro vids I have seen it looks like the lens never gets snow or water on it while filming, how is that? OR are people probably just editing out any bad footage? I know nothing about them so are there different versions and one to look for?
    TIA
    Merry x-mas a day late !!
    Steve

15. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

I just got the GoPro Hero 3+ Black - its now the latest one - it makes coffee for you!! I still need to go buy a card for it so I haven't even used it! The camera actually sits in an enclosed case, but again - I have not used it - these guys will know more.

16. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Thats was a nice snow fall you were plowing at your house…love plowing a night...

17. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I just came from website. I would imagine that you would want a lot of the different mounts ? So..the Hero=3 comes in/ with the waterproof case/
    Are most of you in the loader using your phone to make changes?
    Steve

18. xgiovannix12

My go pro would get snow on the lens. Sometimes you dont see the snow on it.

19. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Just bought the 64 gig Micro SD Card SanDisk … on sale now at BestBuy for $49… Start messing with this thing...

20. xgiovannix12

Cool make sure to upgrade the cameras software before using it.