1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gooseneck flatbed trailer. great shape!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 02powerstroke, Apr 27, 2010.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Gooseneck flatbed trailer, clear Mass title,8'6" x 24ft deck, 14K GVWR, self storing loading ramps. all LED lights,mudflaps, EZ lube axles, all lighting wiring was replaced with solder connections (no shady butt connectors) and new wires, Safety chains, break away switch and battery, tool box, load range E tires with 85% tread. I had it sand blasted and painted last fall but the paint went on thin in spots and could use a touch up here and there. I replaced the deck boards with new PT ones and a dumb Home Depot employee put a fork lift threw one of them, it will be replaced before the trailer is sold. winch not included.

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I'll start the bidding at $500.............no price my friend or i am blind, which is been true before!!

3. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I can do 550

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do I need a CDL to haul that?

5. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

I'll stick my neck out at $600

6. 02powerstroke

Asking $3800

7. 02powerstroke

600 come on guys a new one of these like this is like $6000 bucks....

8. Mackman

from S.E. PA

I was just bustin balls. I knew you wanted alot more then that. Good luck with the sale.

9. mferrari

mferrari Member

CDL will be needed if you are using it for commercial use or your truck is used for com. That meaing if you are using the trailer to make money in any fashion (plowing, lawn care, anything). CDL is required for any com trailer above 10k or a CGVW of 26,001.

10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Hmmmmmm..................

11. Mackman

from S.E. PA

So if i buy a tractor trailer and just joy ride in it and not make money that means i dont need a cdl??

BTW i would keep this out of this thread. This is not the place to debate this. But i would like to see a debate on it.

Good luck with the sale it is a nice trailer.

12. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

You are correct. Thats how people can get away with driving a tour bus or class 8 big rig as an RV and dont need a CDL.

13. 02powerstroke

As a class A cdl driver, you are wrong. If your CGVW is over 26.001 you need a cdl that's it. if 10K was the case every F-250 pulling a bobcat you would need a CDL? please for the love of Christ don't start this debate again.

edit, if your pulling this with a 550 or 450, 14000+ GVW on the truck yes you will need a cdl.

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Nice trailer and a good price IMHO.........free bumpski

15. 02powerstroke

No that's because campers have toilets in them making them self contained and they are registered as campers or rvs.

and thanks I'm only selling it trying to get a bigger one.

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

So what if I want to haul a show car behind my 3500SWR?

17. 02powerstroke

If your combined is over 26,001 technically you would need a CDL. UNLESS your car trailer had a living quarters in it and you registered it as a camper. you can get around it by dropping the registared weight on the trailer because the odds of you getting scaled are slim about as slim as a cop picking up that your combined wights are over 26K unless you get DOT'ed. People get in trouble for it around here all the time with 450 and 550 dumps with tilt 14K tilt deck trailers with bobcats on them its a stupid system....

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  18. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

What is the weight rating on the jack stand up front? if it's under 10,000# can another one be added? Also what type of brakes are on the trailer electric or electric over hydraulic? Last question what year is it?

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Why would you need so much landing gear on that trailer?

20. 02powerstroke

I believe its 10K it dose not say but its a large jack, I was going to add two(one on each corner) but never got around two it. I unhook it with the machine on it all the time. The brakes are electric. 95 model year but the frame and axles are about the only thing left thats that old lol. thanks