1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gooseneck dump trailer for f450 and f550

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by drewskie, Nov 11, 2015.

1. drewskie

drewskie Junior Member

Hi Guys just wondering what all of the most experienced snow removal companies use behind a f450 or 550 truck for hauling snow. I have a few triple axel single wheel 16x7 dump trailers and I'm thinking about getting a dual axel dually trailer 20x8.5 or 22x8.5. does any one out there have both and if you do can you share some feedback.
  2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have plans to order a GN deckover dump trailer sometime this next year...and after a lot of internet digging, I have settled on Load Trail. After looking over the website, they clearly make a good product with far more options available. I looked at PJ in person, and they are shoddy.
    Here is a link to the trailer I want.
    http://www.loadtrail.com/detail.cfm...eneck Dump 22,000 Lb w/12" 19 Lb I-Beam Frame
    Granted, I will not likely be using it for snow removal..but you never know.
  3. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Time for another new truck it looks like!
  4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Yeah, I am hoping the 17 Super Duty srw 350 Diesel will have a 5th wheel tow rating of at least 20k....and I will be getting an 18 foot...hoping the reduced length means a little lower empty weight.