1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Goofy new Western V Plow install ?!?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JohnnyRoyale, Nov 6, 2008.

1. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Wondering if I'm getting a run around from the dealer or not.

We just recently had two 9.5 ft Western MVP Plus installed on two new trucks. I have been a loyal Western customer for a number of years, and have owned 15 different Westerns over the years, so figured I'd keep loyal to the brand which hasn't proven me wrong.

I ordered the plows to have curb guards, backdrag edge, and rubber snow deflector installed. The sales guy didnt seem to think these options were available. So we went online, and I showed him.

So the plows get installed, and notice they had cut 6-8 inches off either end of the backdrag edge to accomodate the curb guards which were installed behind the plow. When I questioned it-I was told this is how they have to be. I always thought the curb guards were mounted on the front of the plow. Am I right or wrong with my assumption?

And...when the plow is lifted all the way up, in the v position, one side of the plow ends is actually 6 inches higher than the other. Is this normal too or am I crazy?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If they would have installed the curb guards on the front like their supposed to, they wouldn't have had to cut down the BD edges. :rolleyes:

As to the wings, check the lift chains, its possible one is set on a higher link than the other. Easy fix for that one...but neither issue would instill much confidence in the installer.

3. JohnnyRoyale

Did try to set lift chains to equal links-may have to raise one side-no biggy, Its the curb guard/backdrag edge I have real problems with. This particular installer is probably the biggest dealer in the area, and I have noticed quality and consistency has diminished as his business has grown.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

PM CET he just installed one this week and he did one last year a. Also Pm me the dealer name if you wouldn't mind.

5. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

PM...hell!

post that shotty workmanship, if i do a bad job for someone they tell their freind's so why should it be different here........oh' wait you canadaians are not as big of jerks that we are lol....

hopefully you get it figured out Johnny.

when i had my western i would contantly think i bent it or the mount......then i would realize it was just angled a little bit..always seemed to take care of it for me, have you tried anlgeling it ? J/K

i'll beat Mill to ther dumb Q's ;) sooo......do yo uhave a low tire?.....which side does it drag on?....how much do you weigh?....what color interior is in the truck?.... It is a ford right? if no well then you may consider a licoln LT, i herd they best [​IMG]

you might consider putting different size tires on the side that's riding low .......or maybee some caster's on the back sie of the plow :nod:

pj

6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

LOL :drinkup:

7. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

How about some photos??

8. JohnnyRoyale

Let me guess-Your uncle has one like that too? LOL:drinkup:

9. JohnnyRoyale

PM Sent!!:drinkup:

10. JohnnyRoyale

Plows off the truck now-too lazy to put it on for a pic, but i will when it goes back on. I can take a pic of the chopped backdrag edge and curb guards if that'll make your day.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure the dealer will look after you, they are very reputable. If not then we'll name names. They are probably having some growing pains.

12. JohnnyRoyale

I dont doubt they will eventually address the issue once things slow down a bit in there-its a friggen zoo. Have you driven by lately?